- Represented a manufacturer of automated storage and retrieval systems in a multi-million dollar products liability action where the plaintiff sought damages for significant personal injuries, alleging defective design, defective manufacture and failure to warn. After a three week trial, the jury returned a defense verdict in favor of our client.
- Represented a manufacturer of port and catheter medical devices in a lawsuit where the catheter broke and travelled to the plaintiff’s heart. This complex claims sounding in defective design and manufacture was rigorously defended and settled just prior to trial on terms highly favorable to our client.
- Representing an international manufacturer of automated guided vehicles (robot forklifts) in multi-million dollar products liability case where the plaintiff is alleging that the automated system was defectively designed and installed.
- Handled thousands of motor vehicle lawsuits in New Jersey and New York where the plaintiffs were seeking significant damages for personal injury and other loss, and have a well-respected reputation for achieving extremely favorable results for our clients and their insurance carriers, either through obtaining a defense verdict at trial, winning summary prior to trial, or negotiating settlements far below the plaintiff’s demand.
- Represented a bus company in a case brought by 55 plaintiffs for personal and psychological injury resulting from a fire that occurred on the bus while the bus was traveling up the New Jersey Turnpike. This complex case was rigorously defended and settled just prior to trial on terms highly favorable to our client.
- New Jersey
- US District Court, New Jersey
- US Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- Seton Hall University School of Law, JD, 1989
- Providence College, BA, 1985
John is a Partner in the Basking Ridge office and was admitted to the state and federal bars of New Jersey in 1991, along with the US District Court, District of New Jersey and US Court of Appeals, Third Circuit.
He practices in a variety of complex litigation areas, including insurance defense and coverage, motor vehicle negligence, products liability, employment practices, commercial disputes, construction, and professional liability. He also has experience in the insurance regulatory area. John has extensive experience at both the trial level and appellate courts at both the State and Federal levels.
John is a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association and is a requested speaker at seminars and presentations at the annual bar convention and other venues around the state. He is also a former member of the Lay Board of Trustees of Delbarton School in Morristown, New Jersey.