Renowned for our deep expertise in dispute resolution, our clients across the globe rely on us to help them with their most critical issues, often involving us to provide strategic guidance well before a dispute arises.
We have the global resources to handle any type of dispute across all sectors - in courts and tribunals worldwide. Our client base includes corporates, financial institutions, industrial manufacturers, governmental bodies and UHNW individuals.
We rigorously pursue all avenues and advise our clients on a tailored approach to achieving their objectives. The Kennedys method allows our clients to manage their risks, enhance their ability to make informed decisions and to mitigate future exposure.
We always seek to think and act as a long-term, strategic partner to our clients, with our services designed to offer commercial support, legal insight and market intelligence when and where our clients need it.
Get in touch with a member of our commercial dispute resolution teamContact us
Our commercial dispute resolution services
We represent clients in all stages of domestic and international litigation. Our dynamic team of expert litigators offer clients robust and knowledgeable representation across a broad range of matters, including contractual and trade disputes, investor and shareholder actions, jurisdiction disputes, conflicts of laws, injunctions, judicial reviews, enforcement of judgments and awards, commercial recovery, trust disputes, fraud and asset recovery, breaches of confidence, crisis/reputation management and defamation.
Banking and financial services litigation
We have a wealth of experience acting for banks and other financial institutions on a range of financial disputes, many of which are often complex and cross-border in nature involving traditional banking assets and crypto. Our experience includes, commercial fraud and asset recovery, enforcement of security, freezing orders, search and seizure orders, recovery actions, regulatory issues and mis-selling of financial products.
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Our expert team are highly skilled in the use of every technique to resolve a dispute. Outside the court room we have a proven track record of successfully representing clients using alternative methods of dispute resolution, including negotiation, mediation, adjudication, moderation, conciliation, evaluation and expert determination.
Our work highlights from around the world
- Successfully defending an international US-based conglomerate on $100m value breach of trade secrets dispute in the High Court.
- Representing an Israeli medical device products distribution company in a multi-million-pound contractual dispute with a global supplier.
- Successfully acting for world-leading roofing manufacturer on high value cross jurisdictional contractual dispute arising from a complex and defective production line.
- Acting for an investor in the recovery of sums invested in a fraudulent cryptocurrency platform.
- Advising investors/shareholders in disputes arising from alleged misuse of funds and misrepresentation in respect of an African mining operation.
- Successfully representing the seller of a high value property in a claim for recovery of damages against the purchaser, a billionaire Nigerian prince who refused to complete the purchase. The case proceeded to the Supreme Court.
- Successfully representing four individuals defending a claim for unfair prejudice and unlawful means conspiracy by a former shareholder following a sale of the company.
- Acting for a global insurer in respect of a multi-jurisdictional defamation case.
- Advising a director and minority shareholder in a complex board dispute in the hospitality industry.
- Representing a global conglomerate in a dispute arising from the supply of defective manufacturing equipment to a plant in Eastern Europe.
- Acting for a US insurer in relation to a fintech dispute with a third-party provider of IT services in respect of defective bespoke software/system.
- Representing a UK plc in a shareholder dispute with its fellow shareholders, including an Omani government entity, concerning a multi-million US$ investment in an industrial plant project company based in North Oman.
- Advising on a multibillion AED shareholder dispute between shareholders in a group of companies in the Gulf region.
- Advising on a number of multi-million AED commercial disputes between the purchasers of companies and the sellers over the breach of a number of representations and warranties.
- Representing a chemical company and their insurers and reinsurers in a multi-million subrogation claim following fire damages at a chemical plant.
- Representing major Middle-East groups in litigation proceedings relating to the termination of commercial agency agreements and lease agreements in Belgium.
- Represented a principal in a multimillion AED commercial dispute (DIAC Rules) against an agent for the introduction of the principal, a Malaysian contractor in oil and gas projects in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
- Represented sellers and purchasers in a number of multi-million AED commercial disputes (DIAC and ICC rules) over the breach of a number of representations and warranties or the valuation of the companies.
- Represented the principal in a number of multi-million AED commercial disputes (ICC Rules) with the distributor of worldwide renowned consumer electronic products.
- Acting for a major mechanical and electrical contractor in court proceedings relating to disputes arising out of the construction of Jewel Changi Airport, a SGD 1.7 billion retail and mixed development.
- Acting for the former Chairman of a Hong Kong Main Board listed company on a highly publicised joint Hong Kong law enforcement agency and financial regulatory investigation and inter-related High Court actions involving over 40 parties and multiple sets of legal teams.
- Acting for a Hong Kong Main Board listed company in a highly contentious M&A dispute involving claims of around US$90 million.
- Representing a Spanish company in successfully obtaining an urgent ex parte injunction against the assets of two Hong Kong-based companies in support of its claim against them of over US$10 million due to more than 100 fraudulent payment transactions over two years.
- Representing a multinational manufacturing and automation company in a set of complex, litigated commercial disputes with a contractor where losses are claimed at $60 million.
- Representing Greencapital Australia in a $50m litigated contract dispute with a listed Australian mining company.
- Representing a global religious organisation and its local head in ensuring that a major Australian television network did not broadcast a series it had already filmed, produced and promoted, in which the actions of the religious organisation and its head were portrayed in a negative light.
- Representing a global food manufacturer in a dispute with a Dutch equipment supplier.
- Advising a major domestic manufacturer of recreational vehicles on numerous disputes across the United States.
- Advising a Chinese manufacturer of industrial bearings in a dispute regarding commissions earned in several US jurisdictions.
- Advising an environmental consulting firm in a multi-million dollar environmental contamination dispute. A summary judgment was obtained and the decision has set precedent for courts in future claims.
- Advising a structural engineering firm on a multi-million dollar claim. We obtained a summary judgment and a dismissal of the claim on behalf of our client.
- Representing a construction manager in a dispute with the owner of a multi-million apartment building in New York.
- Representing a number of clients in connection with shareholder disputes, for example, representing Annuity & Life Re Ltd., a substantial minority shareholder of Full Apex Holdings, in a winding up petition and section 111 petition seeking relief from the Court for minority oppression and unfair prejudice.
- Representing Bermuda market insurers and other regulated financial service providers on regulatory disputes, enforcement actions, and appeals involving the Bermuda Monetary Authority and other regulatory agencies.
- Advising on a contractual dispute for breach of contract between a retailer and its collection contractor.
- Acting in relation to the Recovery of funds resulting from a cybercrime to leading financial institution.
- Acting for an European firm on the Recovery of excess amounts paid to Chilean policyholders.
- Advising a beverage production company on the fraudulent collection of invoices.
- Advising an airport in relation to a concessions dispute.
- Advising insurers in connection with a large and complex environmental claim made against a petrochemical company.
- Representing reinsurers in mediation arising from the largest and most complex energy claim in Mexico involving property damage to an offshore platform.
- Extensive experience acting on behalf of insurance companies in debt recovery actions arising out of commercial relations against their suppliers and/or customers.