Success in the world of sport requires a commitment and focus that sets a person or organisation apart from their competitors. A variety of legal challenges can arise in professional sports often without any notice at all. Our specialist team of sports lawyers are on hand to provide advice in all areas of professional sports internationally whenever and wherever it is required.
We have offices in all the major sporting centres of the world, which allows us to represent our clients' interests wherever they are based. Our lawyers provide commercially focused advice and solutions which few others can match.
Our sports group shares in the philosophy that organisations and individuals conducting business and performing in the sporting arena must be prepared to go the extra mile in order to succeed in their chosen field.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Regulation and discipline - we represent clients in disciplinary proceedings before national and international governing bodies.
- Commercial contracts - we advise on all aspects of commercial agreements including employment contracts, intellectual property, sponsorship agreements, sale and purchase agreements, image rights and unfair contract terms.
- Insolvency and corporate recovery - we have wide-ranging experience of rescue, reconstruction and insolvency procedures and our lawyers can advise on preventative strategies or in rescue/recovery situations.
- Finance and acquisitions - we advise clubs in all aspects of their requirements from secured lending to various other financing instruments.
- Dispute resolution - we deal with all forms of disputes including litigation, arbitration, mediation and other forms of ADR as well as jurisdictional and forum advice.
- Reputation management - in this era of super and hyper injunction, our lawyers advise on actions of defamation, malicious falsehood and managing reputational damage.
We advise governing bodies, national associations, national leagues, organising committees, clubs, competitors, players and players' representatives. Our advice is clear, concise, strategic and most importantly, specific to our clients' needs.
We are placed perfectly to deal with issues when they arise and are often able to anticipate and address potential issues before they arise.