Our specialist travel team combines international insurance, liability, health and safety, regulatory and commercial experience.
We also offer a full legal service dedicated to the aviation industry, so we can undertake all matters relating to the wider travel market.
We provide clear and straightforward legal advice to:
- Tour operators and agents
- Dynamic package operators
- Insurers and reinsurers.
Our travel-related legal services
We have advised the travel and transport industry for over 20 years on a range of legal issues, including aircraft accidents, cruise claims and coach accidents. Many cases involve skiing accidents, drownings, balcony falls, mountaineering accidents and sickness outbreaks.
We advise on a variety of travel-related issues, with expertise covering:
- Employers’ liability, public liability and motor liability. This includes defending claims for catastrophic injury, coverage advice, jurisdictional issues and handling recoveries in UK and overseas jurisdictions.
- Health and safety issues.
- Regulatory services and inquests.
- Commercial services, such as business start-up, licensing approvals, consumer protection, drafting and negotiating of booking conditions, and charter and sub-charter agreements and commercial contracts.
- 24/7 incident and crisis management.
- We have an alliance with Preverisk, to broaden the range of risk and claims management services that we offer to our travel clients. Preverisk is a leading international provider of health and safety consultancy, auditing and training to the tourism industry. Our combined service gives tour operators and travel agents access to preventative advice – health & safety, terms and conditions, and supplier contract drafting.
- Managing travel insurance claims across jurisdictions
Our network of international offices gives us a clear advantage when providing advice on coverage and indemnity to our insurer clients on travel insurance claims. We have strong links to foreign agents and global insurers, and are well placed to deal with cross-border jurisdictions.
With offices in Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East, our travel team speak Spanish, Turkish, French, Italian, Mandarin and Indian dialects.
Where the legal expense cover relates to travel insurance claims, we use our worldwide network to give you estimates of the true cost and time scales involved in bringing claims overseas.
COVID-19: what will it mean for the future of risk?
We have all experienced the inescapable wholesale changes to our lifestyles, working patterns and social interactions as a result of the global pandemic. Our latest report explores these behavioural changes and risks associated with people’s COVID-19 responses.Find out more