Life sciences make a significant contribution to the global economy and continue to grow as part of a multi-billion dollar industry. Kennedys is excited to work with clients who are at the forefront of technological development that improves lives, ranging from multinational corporations to small local start-ups.
Our in-depth industry knowledge, technical understanding, experience and ability to learn and adapt make us one of the go-to firms for life science companies and their insurers in the market.
We have a large team globally whose work focuses on this continuously evolving and innovative sector, advising our clients on all aspects of their business.
Our contentious expertise
We are leading advisors on complex, unusual and technical disputes. We have particular strengths in managing the defence of multi-national cross-border litigation around the world, acting as coordinating or ‘lead’ counsel to ensure our clients’ response is consistent and controlled.
We have considerable experience in managing product recalls, working closely with our clients as part of their team of trusted advisers when consumer safety and brand value issues are paramount.
Through our network of international offices, we are ideally placed to handle high volume, low value attritional cases efficiently and cost-effectively, as well as managing low frequency high value complex claims.
Our work includes:
- General commercial litigation in the life sciences sector
- Product recalls
- Mass tort and group litigation
- International claims coordination
- Policy coverage and interpretation
- Regulatory advice
- Claims relating to clinical trials, medical devices and pharmaceuticals.
- Intellectual property disputes.
Our corporate and commercial expertise
Kennedys’ international corporate and commercial healthcare team work with private and public sector healthcare and life sciences organisations as well as healthcare investors and insurers.
We have experience in all aspects of non-contentious commercial law, both domestically and internationally.
We advise on the full range of commercial agreements, corporate transactions and regulatory issues. Our transactional, projects and advisory work includes:
- Commercial contracts with suppliers, manufacturers and buyers.
- Confidentiality, non-disclosure and data sharing agreements.
- Joint ventures and partnering.
- Agency, international distribution, equipment leasing and franchising agreements.
- Procurement of goods (including medical devices, equipment and technologies) and services (including pathology, maintenance and technology services).
- IT, medical devices, health technology and electronic patient record systems.
- Private public partnerships (PPPs) and PFIs.
- Intellectual property.
- Data protection, information management.
- Research and development.
- Clinical trials.
- Intellectual property.
- Data management.
- Cyber risks.
- Regulatory issues.