- Successfully defending a well-known local construction company in a judicial liquidation case brought by a shareholder seeking damages for losses.
- Representing an individual CEO in a commercial claim related to negligence in administration of his duties with a claim value of over US$ 12 million.
- Acting for the Sponsors and, thereafter, the project company, of a major water desalination project in Oman during the commercial and financial closings.
- Acting in a major acquisition of a tourism sector business in Oman. The transaction was valued over US$ 49 million.
- Involved in the restructuring of an aviation group of companies in Oman including the subordination of them under a government holding company as part of the Oman government restructuring plans.
- Participating and conducting required legal procedures relating to the establishment of a university in Oman.
Nasser Al Shamli is a partner of Nasser Al Shamli, Advocates & Legal Consultants (NASLAW), Kennedys’ associate firm in the Sultanate of Oman.
NASLAW provides local and international clients with litigation advice and representation before the Omani courts and commercial/corporate advice.
Nasser qualified from the college of Law, Sultan Qaboos University, Muscat with a Bachelors in Commercial Law and has since studied with the Arab Institute for Legal Studies and the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, obtaining a Diploma in International Arbitration in 2019.
Registered as a licensed practitioner with the Oman Ministry of Justice and Legal Affairs, Nasser has full audience rights before Omani Primary Courts and the Administrative Courts (Primary Circuits).
He has gained extensive commercial litigation and arbitration experience in Omani law disputes over the last six years in private practice. His litigation and arbitration practice includes having advised and represented clients in contentious energy, aviation and construction related matters, shareholder disputes and labour law issues.
Nasser is also experienced in Omani corporate and commercial legal matters, particularly corporate and commercial transactions and corporate governance matters.
He regularly acts for joint stock companies at general meetings and advises on Oman’s Capital Market Authority's rules and regulations.
Nasser is a Fellow of Chartered Institute of Arbitration (FCIArb). He is qualified as a Primary Court lawyer with the Ministry of Justice and Legal Affairs (2016).
He is an active member of the Omani Lawyers Association and is involved with the formation of the CIArb’s Oman Branch in Muscat.
- LLB (Hons), Sultan Qaboos University, 2014
- Diploma in International Arbitration, CIArb, 2019