Leading Individual and recommended lawyer for 'Personal injury: defendant (London)'The Legal 500 UK 2023
- Leading Individual and recommended lawyer for 'Personal injury: defendant (London)'
"Other key contacts include 'class act' Joe McManus."
The Legal 500 UK 2022
- Leading Individual and recommended lawyer for 'Personal injury: Defendant (London)'
"Joe McManus, who handles catastrophic injury claims, and whose frequent involvement with coverage and jurisdiction issues exemplifies the firm's 'excellent handling of complex international litigation'."
The Legal 500 UK 2021
- “He tends to give me the information I need and gets good results.”
The Gracechurch London Market Insurance Law Report 2019
- Recommended Lawyer for 'Personal injury: defendant (London)'
The Legal 500 UK 2018/19
- Recommended Lawyer described as “Approachable, effective and resolute”
The Legal 500 UK 2017
Joe qualified as a solicitor in Belfast in 1988 and has worked in London since then requalifying in England and Wales in 1990. He became a partner in 1997.
Joe and his team provide advice and support to insurers and businesses facing high value injury cases particularly in the construction industry. He has a special interest in harassment and stress cases and has represented a number of banks, professional service companies and insurers that have had to defend these claims. More recently Joe has represented a number of insurers dealing with high value claims arising from accidents abroad. Joe successfully represented the defendants in 2017 in the Supreme Court in the case of Brownlie v Four Seasons Holdings Incorporated following a multiple fatality in Egypt.
Joe co-authored the environmental claims chapter in the latest edition of Kennedys’ Claims Handling Law and Practice Guide which was published in February 2021.
He has also written for the Post Magazine, one of the leading magazines in the Insurance Industry
Joe is a member of the Forum of Insurance Lawyers (FOIL).
- Qualified in Belfast in 1988.
- Qualified in England and Wales in 1990.