- In 2018, Teresa successfully defended an excess insurer against an appeal in the New York Supreme Court, First Department. Teresa successfully argued that the excess insurer’s disclaimer of coverage was proper where the parties seeking additional insured coverage had not entered into a direct contract with the named insured.
- Successfully prosecuted and defended numerous declaratory judgment actions and appeals on behalf of insurers.
- Successfully secured summary judgments and favorable settlements in numerous complex construction defect and personal injury lawsuits, extricating clients from costly protracted litigation.
- New Jersey
- New York
- US District Court, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- US District Court, New Jersey
- US Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- Hofstra University School of Law, JD (with honors), 1993
- University of Richmond, BA (cum laude), 1990
Teresa is a Partner in the firm’s Basking Ridge office. She has been with the firm since 2007 and has built a strong track record successfully defending developers, contractors and subcontractors in complex construction defect disputes and defending property owners, managers and others in a wide variety of personal injury and commercial disputes. Teresa also successfully defends attorneys and other professionals against claims of malpractice and has successfully prosecuted and defended numerous insurance coverage actions and appeals.
Teresa has spent her career focused on state and federal court litigation and insurance counseling. A zealous advocate who has first chaired bench and jury trials, Teresa is also a formidable negotiator and serves as lead counsel in mediations. Most recently, Teresa completed a secondment for an international insurer where she evaluated problematic general liability claims, directed defense counsel throughout the United States, and secured favorable settlements through direct negotiations with plaintiffs’ counsels, mediations and trials.
Teresa has published several professional articles and lectures on a diverse range of legal issues. Working pro bono, she has successfully represented victims of domestic violence and their children.
Teresa graduated with honors from Hofstra University School of Law where she served as a Staff Member and Editor of the Law Review.