- Secured Motion to Dismiss with Prejudice under Rule 91a for insurer in a property damage coverage dispute.
- Serves as national coordinating counsel for large equipment manufacturer, including overseeing and implementing defense and trial strategy across jurisdictions.
- Secured summary judgment in favor of primary insurer involving claims of bad faith denial of the duty to defend in pending in Cook County, Illinois.
- Favorable settlements in favor of primary insurers involving claims of bad faith denial of the duty to defend in construction defect litigation pending in Travis County and Harris County, Texas.
- US Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- US District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- US District Court, Eastern, Northern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas
- US District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- South Texas College of Law, JD, 2000
- University of Texas – Austin, BS, 1996
Daisy is a Partner in the Austin office and has spent the last 20 years representing insurers and reinsurers in every aspect of their business, including claims counseling, litigation and arbitration, premium disputes and policy drafting. She is adept at handling coverage disputes involving commercial, primary, umbrella, excess and surplus lines policies, including providing clients with guidance on litigating bad faith, fraud and other extra-contractual claims. Daisy has extensive experience litigating long tail environmental claims, construction defect claims and professional liability claims.
Daisy also devotes a substantial portion of her practice to defending clients in commercial, product liability and toxic tort litigation. She has a successful track record representing both Fortune 500 Companies and small business in Illinois and Texas against a variety of mass tort claims including asbestos, silica, benzene, and coal workers pneumoconiosis suits. As national coordinating counsel for a heat processing equipment manufacturer, Daisy manages local counsel throughout the United States and implements the national litigation and trial strategy.
She earned her undergraduate degree from the University of Texas-Austin in December 1996 and law degree from South Texas College of Law in December 2000.
Daisy is affiliated with the Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel, the Austin Bar Association and the South Asian Bar Association.
Daisy has been recognized as a "Rising Star" by Illinois Super Lawyers (2010-2014)