Kennedys in the United States has decades of experience handling a wide range of complex insurance coverage disputes. We have represented some of the world's largest domestic and foreign insurance companies, as well as many regional and local insurers, in hundreds of matters throughout the US and in Bermuda. Our geographic reach is extensive – we have appeared in state and federal courts, at both the trial and appellate levels, and in arbitration and mediation proceedings, in almost every state in the country.
We counsel clients daily on complex coverage issues and provide clients with comprehensive, prudent, and objective evaluations and recommendations. Our vast range of experience is coupled with an intimate knowledge of the insurance industry, the policyholder bar and mindset, and, most importantly, the insurers we represent. We believe that our combination of talent, experience, and judgment yields effective and efficient representation for our clients that is second to none.
Our insurance coverage practice covers a range of experiences with all types of insurance policies including general liability; auto and commercial transport; cyber; directors’ and officers’; errors and omissions; fidelity bonds; fiduciary liability; first-party; life, health and disability; professional liability; all-risk; and surety bonds.
Insurance coverage claims
- Advertising injury
- Additional insured and contractual indemnification issues
- Asbestos – bodily injury and property damage
- Bad faith and extra-contractual claims
- Bankruptcy proceedings implicating insurance assets
- Construction defect
- Cyber risks
- Drug and pharmaceutical claims
- Employment practices liability
- Environmental and hazardous waste claims
- Fiduciary liability
- New York Labor Law
- Personal injury and premises liability
- Products liability
- Professional liability
- Public officials and municipal liability
- Sports-related head trauma
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA).