Our occupational disease team is here to make a difference. We provide strategic and bespoke solutions to clients’ claims, protecting their brand and reputation, whilst ensuring that we achieve the best return on investment possible.
We represent composite insurers, self-insured and uninsured corporate defendants, claims handling organisations, brokers, local authorities, healthcare trusts and government departments.
We undertake both litigated and pre-litigation work. Our team are involved in significant leading test cases in occupational disease litigation.
- Insurance and coverage issues
- Risk management
- Claims management and strategies
- Insurance archaeology
- Industrial deafness
- Asbestos-related conditions
- ‘Consequential’ and ‘overuse’ injuries
- Hand arm vibration syndrome (HAVS)
- Work-related upper limb disorders
- Chronic pain syndromes
- Laryngeal, bladder and other work-related cancers
- Respiratory diseases including asthma, silicosis and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Work-related stress.
We go as far ‘upstream’ in the claims process as we need to, to help stop problems at source before they have a negative financial impact. We take a unique, strategic and highly integrated approach to our clients’ problems.
We do this in five ways:
1. Occupational disease specialists. Our international team of industry-leading experts handle the full range of occupational disease claims, both short and long tail, with the highest degree of technical proficiency, efficiency and commercial focus.
2. Counter fraud expertise. We are on top of the fraudsters that have entered this market. We use Fraud Detector, our bespoke, best of breed intelligence and analysis technology to find and deal with fraudulent claims.
3. Dedicated risk consultancy team. Our experienced risk consultancy team helps corporate clients harmonise their HR, line management, health and safety and occupational health functions to maintain a healthy and safe workforce, and stop problems at source.
4. Active thought leadership. We regularly engage at government level to help shape and mould legislation and regulation. We host disease claims conferences, produce informative quarterly bulletins and e-alerts, run case clinics and provide bespoke training for clients.
5. Emerging risks focus. Our emerging risks group focuses on identifying potential problems, and solutions to help clients take action now to minimise their impact.
A platform to support every step of the claims journey
We are passionate about innovation and making our clients lives easier. That’s why we’ve created the IQ platform. We’ve developed a suite of innovative products that are making the legal process more transparent and straightforward.
Currently available to UK clients, our innovative claims platform helps our clients minimise their legal costs, ensuring they’re only using a lawyer when they really need one. Read more about the Kennedys IQ platform or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Future ways of working
Keep up to date with the latest insights and opportunities facing businesses today, and in the future.Find out more