Patrick is a partner in our Singapore office and specialises in motor insurance and general insurance defence work. He was admitted to the Singapore Bar in 1996.
With over 23 years’ experience in litigation, his main area of focus is on litigation and advisory work relating to the motor and general insurance sector in Singapore, the motor industry trade including drafting and advising on vehicle warranties, sales and purchase agreements, bidding agreements, sales of goods advisory and litigation work, consumer rights in relation to sales of goods, contractual disputes, employment disputes, claims for commissions disputes, claims for defective goods disputes, claims for defective workmanship disputes, motorcar warranty claims and disputes.
Patrick’s practice has covered litigation and advisory work relating to insurance and reinsurance matters and claims that encompass motor insurance namely traffic accidents, defendant personal injury, policy coverage and disputes general and professional negligence, industrial accidents, road, occupier’s liability, public liability, fire and water damage claims, plant and equipment claims, insurance fraud , restitution claims and subrogation recovery .
Frequently acting for the biggest insurance companies, both domestic and international, in Singapore, Patrick had also previously represented both manufacturers and Singapore distributors of some of the top brands of motor vehicles from Japan and Germany. He has also acted successfully for clients in disputes with their motor dealers over defective product or workmanship disputes.
He is a member of the Law Society of Singapore and the Singapore Academy of Law.
Patrick also contributed to the Claims inflation and personal injury claims: a global review report, published in June 2023.
- Recommended Lawyer for 'Insurance: Foreign Firms (Singapore)'
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2021
- Conducted the defence and/or negotiated the satisfactory settlement of numerous high value personal injury and property damage claims, claims against occupiers, claims for fire and/or water damage, claims against contractors, claims against professionals, in the Court of Appeal, High Court and the State Courts for numerous insurance companies.
- Assisted in the conduct and dismissal in the High Court and Court of Appeal of one of the most expensive claims for a motor vehicle in Singapore for damage to an exotic sports car.
- Conducted and successfully mediated a multimillion dollar professional negligence claim in the High Court against one of Singapore’s top architecture firms for alleged extensive defects in a condominium building project.
- Conducted and successfully mediated a multimillion dollar claim against one of Singapore‘s largest insurance company for a disputed insurance claim for indemnity by one of Singapore’s largest heavy machinery and plant supplier.
- Acted for one of Singapore’s largest insurance company and successfully recovering a sum exceeding $1million in unpaid insurance excess deductible from one of Singapore’s largest fleet owner of taxicabs.