- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, LLM, 2014
- Florida Coastal School of Law, JD, 2013
- University of Central Florida, BS, 2010
Brian is an associate in the New York office. He focuses his practice on construction litigation, including construction defect claims, construction injury, New York Labor Law litigation, admiralty and maritime litigation and commercial litigation.
He regularly handles cases involving New York Labor Law claims along with contractual indemnity claims. He handles various construction cases, involving construction defect claims, construction accidents, code violations and building and designed related deficiencies. His clients include owners, developers, general contractors, construction managers, subcontractors, commercial landlord and tenants, among other clients.
He handles various admiralty and maritime cases, including claims involving exoneration from or limitation of liability, breach of Bareboat Charter Agreement, marine product liability cases, cargo cases and maritime personal injury cases, including Jones Act claims and Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation Act.
Prior to joining Kennedys, Brian gained valuable practice experience at a large defense firm where he excelled in case management from inception to conclusion, handling numerous depositions, conferences, motions in limine and mediations. He also supervised junior attorneys with court appearances and overall case workflow.
Brian earned his LLM degree in Intellectual Property from Benjamin Cardozo School of Law in 2014 with a focus on data law. He has collaborated with high-level officers of large corporations, ensuring seamless alignment between security and privacy compliance programs. His responsibilities encompassed developing, delivering, and overseeing privacy and retention programs for large companies. Additionally, he has experience in developing policies and procedures around data ethics and incident response. Further, he has conducted internal investigations in preparation of responding to electronically stored data discovery requests.
Qualifications and admissions
- New York
- US District Court, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- Recognized in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch: Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants (2023)
- Obtained summary judgment for a large NYC elevator company where they were being sued for indemnification. The New York County Court held that the indemnification provision violated General Obligations Law § 5-322.1. and was unenforceable.
- Obtained summary judgment for a fashion designer who published a synopsis of her upcoming memoirs on her webpage. Her publication included her struggles as a female business owner and designer in New York in the 80’s and 90’s. A prior business partner brought a defamation claim against her. The Westchester County Supreme Court granted summary judgment holding the alleged defamatory statements were nonactionable substantially true statements and, plaintiff could not establish a prima facie case of defamation.
Presentations and publications
- Co-author, “Trend watch: Out-of-staters finding the basis for personal jurisdiction,” published for New York Law Journal (Nov 2023)