Tim is a legal director specialising in planning and development within the UK real estate and construction team.
He has over a decade of experience in all aspects of planning, including planning obligations (S106) agreements, community infrastructure levy (CIL) issues and compulsory purchase and highways. His practice covers the full spectrum of development, including town centre regeneration, tall buildings, market and affordable housing, and office and retail schemes. Tim also has extensive experience across a breadth of further sectors including education, healthcare, life sciences, rail, transport and logistics, tourism and aviation.
Tim’s advice spans the entire consenting process, ranging from legal reviews of applications and advice on strategy pre-submission, negotiating planning conditions and S106 agreements (including future-proofing planning obligations and securing favourable mortgagee liability provisions to assist with funding), to resisting judicial review challenge to consents and undertaking appeals, including public inquiries. He also delivers planning support on corporate, financing and real estate transactions, ranging from due diligence for acquisitions or refinancing, preparations for sale and advising on the development potential of target sites.
- Advising developer and pension fund clients on all planning and highways aspects of the £4.5 billion Brent Cross Cricklewood town centre regeneration scheme in North London including up to 6,700 new homes, 3 million sq ft of new offices, schools, parks and community facilities, and major road and public transport improvements.
- Advising international developers on the planning consenting and appeal inquiry process for the 90,000 sqm office-led redevelopment of the former ITV Headquarters on London’s South Bank.
- Advising world-leading university institution on securing planning permission for a new £1.3 billion 240,000 sqm educational and innovation campus in London. The masterplan also includes 180,000 sqm of research and business use, and up to 373 new homes alongside retail and leisure offerings.
- Advising on residential-led schemes, including a pension fund on a mixed-use residential (up to 1000 units) and office scheme in Reading at public inquiry, and a housing developer on planning applications for over 2,250 new homes with accompanying retail elements in West London.
- Advising housing with care specialists on securing planning permission at appeal in Walton-on-Thames, Bath and Epsom.