- Defense of directors and officers in lawsuits brought by stockholders alleging breach of fiduciary duties and a myriad of business torts claims including tortious interference with business relations, tortious interference with contract, civil conspiracy, and unjust enrichment
- Defense of a hospital in a medical negligence action involving death of a patient after a routine elective procedure
- Numerous dismissals through dispositive motion practice of 42 U.S.C. § 1983 claims involving allegations of inadequate medical treatment provided inmates, several of these dismissals were affirmed by the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
- Successful mediation of premises liability actions with a favorable settlement for the client
- Numerous no cause findings for charges of discrimination against various employers, resulting in dismissal of the charge
- New Jersey
- US District Court for the District of Delaware
- US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Villanova University School of Law, JD, cum laude, 2015
- University of Delaware, BS, with honors, 2012
Karine focuses her practice on complex civil litigation including: corporate governance, fiduciary obligations, director and officer disputes, commercial disputes, insurance defense and coverage, and employment disputes. These matters require complex analysis of nuanced issues and productive communication and cooperation with clients. Her diverse background allows her to continuously develop a unique perspective and approach to problem solving. Karine is committed to understanding the needs of her clients to best offer solutions that fit their individual objectives- may it be early resolution or advocating through trial.
Prior to joining Kennedys, Karine worked as a civil litigator for a regional insurance defense firm handling a broad range of civil matters, and prior to that a domestic practitioner handling various matters related to family law. Through her broad legal background, Karine gained extensive experience handling a high volume of sensitive matters. Prior to practicing law, and after graduating Law School, Karine served as a Judicial Law Clerk for the Honorable Judge Jeffrey J. Clark of Superior Court in Kent County, giving her an inside perspective of how the Delaware Courts operate and function.
Karine has appeared before the majority of courts in the State of Delaware including the Justice of the Peace Court, Court of Common Pleas, Family Court, Superior Court, Court of Chancery, the District Court of State of Delaware as well as the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
Karine is a member of the Women and the Law, Young Lawyers, and Multicultural Judges and Lawyers sections of the Delaware Bar Association.