- Litigated insurance coverage matters on behalf of professional liability carriers sued by policyholders seeking insurance coverage.
- Represented reinsurers against cedent insurers from inception of claim through arbitration.
- Appeared on behalf of major domestic insurers in numerous lawsuits involving claims seeking coverage for environmental contamination and asbestos exposure.
- Defended various clients against trademark and copyright infringement claims.
- Represented a major domestic manufacturer of recreational vehicles in numerous lawsuits across the United States alleging negligence and strict products liability.
- Appeared on behalf a major domestic and international manufacturer of medical imaging equipment in breach of contract actions in various jurisdictions throughout the United States.
- New Jersey
- New York
- US Court of Appeals, Armed Forces
- US Court of Appeals, First, Second, Fourth, Eleventh and Federal Circuits
- US Court of Federal Claims
- US District Court, Connecticut
- US District Court, New Jersey
- US District Court, Eastern, Southern and Western Districts of New York
- US Supreme Court
- St. John’s University of School of Law, JD, 1991
- State University of New York at Stony Brook, BA, 1988
A Partner in the firm’s New York office, Mike is a seasoned litigator who has represented a wide variety of entities and individuals, including Fortune 500 companies, domestic and international insurers and reinsurers, and domestic and international product manufacturers and distributors. He has litigated extensively in various state and federal courts throughout the United States and has argued appeals at all levels.
Mike’s practice focuses primarily upon insurance coverage and reinsurance disputes. He handles all types of insurance-related claims, including those involving environmental, toxic tort, products, asbestos, construction, advertising liability, and professional liability issues. Mike also advises on a wide variety of commercial matters, and has represented various entities and individuals in connection with products, construction, premises liability, personal injury, maritime, trademark, and copyright claims.
Active throughout the legal community, Mike is a frequent CLE lecturer, and a former member of the Products Liability Committee for the New York City Bar Association. He received his undergraduate degree from the State University of New York at Stony Brook and is a graduate of St. John’s University School of Law where he was an Associate Editor of the St. John’s Law Review.