- Representing multiple insurers in coverage action involving traumatic brain injuries of former professional athletes across four major sports.
- Representing insurers in coverage dispute involving defective respirators and asbestos-containing products with a potential exposure of over $100 million.
- Representing US and UK clients in coverage action involving methyl tertiary butyl ether (MTBE) contamination claims with potential exposure of $150 million.
- Representing insurer in $15 million coverage dispute arising from bodily injury and wrongful death claims caused by a power plant explosion.
- Successfully defended employer in EEOC investigation involving federal discrimination claims.
- Representing insurer in large coverage dispute arising out of the release of confidential medical records of approximately 32,500 patients that were stored electronically on hospital servers.
- Representing the insured in matter arising out of the loss or theft of electronic protected health information for over 500 patients across several healthcare facilities and involving a potential recovery of $20 million in policy limits.
- New Jersey
- New York
- US District Court, New Jersey
- Arizona State University, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, JD, 2015
- Arizona State University, BA, 2007
Tara joined the Basking Ridge office as an Associate in 2016 after completing a clerkship with the Honorable Thomas M. Moore, J.S.C., in the Essex County Superior Court, Chancery Division. Her practice focuses on a range of insurance coverage issues including cyber risk, product liability, professional liability, property damage and employment claims.
While pursuing her law degree at the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University, Tara held positions at the Arizona Court of Appeals, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and Arizona State University’s Office of General Counsel. She also served as a legal research assistant for an attorney in private practice. At graduation, Tara was recognized for her dedication to pro bono legal assistance.
Tara received her bachelor’s degree in Political Science from Arizona State University. Prior to law school, she had a career in the hospitality industry, where she worked as a General Manager and Concept Director for several restaurant groups.