Kennedys maintains success and climbs up Chambers UK 2020 rankings
Upon being ranked as a ‘top-tier firm’ in nine practice areas from The Legal 500 UK 2020, we are delighted to announce that this was replicated in the release of Chambers’ UK 2020 directory.
A key highlight from this year’s publication is our move from last year’s Band 2 to Band 1 in Insurance: Contentious Claims (UK-wide). Although we have been ranked in Tier 1 for contentious claims in The Legal 500 for a number of years, it’s our first-ever ranking in Band 1 for Chambers. The second practice area to jump to Band 1 in the latest Chambers UK directory was Product Liability: Mainly Defendant (UK-wide).
In total, we have been recommended as a ‘top-band firm’ in an impressive nine practice areas, increasing our ranking in four practice areas and maintaining 22 practice area ranking positions.
As well as being ranked as a ‘Band 1’ firm for the following nine practice areas, we also have 46 of our lawyers recognised as ‘notable practitioners’ in this year’s Chambers UK directory, a further three as ‘star individuals’ and four noted as an ‘associate to watch’.
We are recommended in Band 1 for the following practices:
- Clinical Negligence: Mainly Defendant (UK-wide)
- Health and Safety (UK-wide)
- Insurance: Contentious Claims (UK-wide)
- Life Sciences: Product Liability (UK-wide)
- Personal Injury: Mainly Defendant (UK-wide)
- Product Liability: Mainly Defendant (UK-wide)
- Professional Negligence (North West)
- Transport: Logistics (UK-wide)
- Travel: International Personal Injury (Defendant) (UK-wide)
Our lawyers recognised as ‘star individuals’ are as follows:
- Richard Crockford
- Christopher Malla
- Daniel McShee
Our lawyers recognised as an ‘associate to watch’ are as follows:
- Michael Biltoo (also noted as an ‘Up and Coming lawyer’ for Shipping: UK wide)
- Tom Handley
- Sanam Hussain
- Helen Johnson
- Katie Tonks
For the full rankings, please see the Chambers UK website.