- Chapman School of Law, JD, 2013
- University of California, San Diego, BA, 2010
Shain is special counsel in the San Francisco office, but based out of Los Angeles. Her practice focuses on personal injury matters involving catastrophic injuries, emotional injuries, brain damage and wrongful death.
Shain also handles coverage matters. In addition, she handles business and civil litigation matters including product liability, premises liability, construction defect, employment related matters and commercial litigation.
As a seasoned litigator, Shain’s approach involves openly communicating with clients and opposing counsel in order to get to the core of the issue and reach an outcome that is best for all parties. Shain has developed a winning strategy which, together with thorough preparation, quickly gathers crucial evidence and often leads to early settlements. In matters where a settlement cannot be reached, she also has experience effectively handling arbitrations and jury trials.
Shain rounds out her practice by handling various types of insurance coverage matters.
Qualifications and admissions
- District of Columbia
- US District Court for the Central and Northern District of California
Presentations and publications
- “Winery property claims part 2 - Hot topics in winery coverage claims,” In-House Client Training (October 2023)
- Author, “Autonomous vehicles are evolving, as are their tort liability risks,” published in the Los Angeles Daily Journal (August 2023)