- Fordham University School of Law, JD
- Emory University, BA
Martin is special counsel in the New York office, where he concentrates his practice on complex litigation matters.
As an experienced litigator, Martin represents multinational and domestic clients in a wide range of commercial, marine, financial, intellectual property, and employment matters.
Martin has a track record of successful outcomes on behalf of his clients at all stages of litigation, including numerous trial and appellate victories.
In addition to representing clients in active lawsuits, Martin advises on US Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) sanctions issues.
Qualifications and admissions
- New York
- New Jersey
- US District Court, Eastern and Southern District of New York
- US Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- Obtained full defense verdict and successfully prosecuted indemnity counter-claim in 9-figure container ship explosion litigation in the Southern District of New York.
- Successfully struck plaintiff’s jury demand on a maritime procedural basis on the eve of trial resulting in favorable settlement in a matter involving a maritime allision where plaintiff was in a week long coma as a result of the accident.
- Obtained recovery following a bench trial in the Eastern District of New York against shipyard on behalf of a vessel owner for the loss of its vessel during Hurricane Sandy.
- Obtained defense verdict on behalf of vessel owner in Longshore Harbor Worker’s Compensation Act § 905(b) lawsuit following a three week trial in the District of Maryland.
- Successfully negotiated settlement in a matter alleging misappropriation trade secrets related to artificial intelligence software allowing developer’s product to timely enter the market.
- Obtained dismissal on behalf of foreign insurer on the basis that the foreign insurer was not subject to personal jurisdiction at the inland destination of an international shipment.