Rhys is a legal director in Kennedys’ London office and the international arbitration and commercial litigation team.
Rhys acts for international conglomerates, domestic companies, insurers, reinsurers, and ultra-high net worth individuals and their businesses. He has experience at all English court levels, including the Supreme Court.
Rhys has advised on, and acted in relation to, all forms of commercial disputes. He has a particular interest in high-value and complex disputes, which often involve cross-border parties.
Rhys’ extensive insurance practice consists of handling property damage, construction and product liability claims. He also handles complex coverage disputes and professional negligence matters.
Qualifications and admissions
- Qualified in England and Wales in 2015
Recommended lawyer for 'Commercial litigation: mid-market (London)'"Senior associate Rhys Tebbett's clients include UHNW individuals, family offices, global corporations, and insurers and reinsurers".The Legal 500 UK 2023
- Recommended lawyer for 'Commercial litigation: mid-market (London)'
"Rhys Tebbett [is a] key senior associate."
The Legal 500 UK 2022
- Defending a $100 million trade secrets claim relating to chemical formulations pursued in the High Court by a foreign company against a UK manufacturing client.
- Advising a US conglomerate and its European subsidiaries on a multi-million-pound dispute and potential London seated arbitration arising from the supply to it of a defective PVC manufacturing plant in an Eastern European country.
- Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Plc and others v Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime . Acted for RSA in its claim against the Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime under the Riot (Damages) Act 1886 arising from the attack on the Sony warehouse in Enfield during the August 2011 London riots.
- Defending a UK manufacturing client in relation to a claim worth in excess of £15 million brought by a foreign joint venture arising out of the failure of a major construction project in Dubai.