Antony qualified in England and Wales in 2012. He works in the London office handling large loss and catastrophic injury claims.
Antony has over 15 years’ experience dealing with claims in the UK and abroad. He acts for several composite insurers and has experience of dealing with legacy run-off claims.
He is regularly instructed on client’s most important, valuable and complex claims which have combined reserves in excess of £100 million.
Antony acts for insurers in the UK and Europe as well as brokers and corporates defending motor and casualty claims, including product claims and on field sporting incidents.
Antony is asked to advise on claims of the utmost severity and has extensive experience of dealing with amputation, brain injury (subtle to vegetative state), spinal cord injury and complex poly trauma and chronic pain. He is also asked to advise on claims with an international element and has experience of claims in France, Spain, Romania and the Netherlands.
Antony has close ties with leading claimant law firms and has developed collaborative handling practices alongside proactive rehabilitation, a key benefit to the early identification and resolution of complex issues helping to reduce indemnity spend and claims life cycles.
Antony is an active member within the insurance market providing his views on a wide range of issues including the discount rate, periodical payments and better use of ADR in catastrophic injury claims. Antony is a member of the Forum of Insurance Lawyers (FOIL) and he contributed to the Cat PI sector focus group within FOIL.
Antony has worked closely with clients to develop innovative solutions to improve claim outcomes and embraces innovation and data led claims analysis.
- Qualified in England and Wales in 2012
Recommended lawyer for 'Personal injury: defendant (London)'"Antony French is a real star and a huge asset to Kennedys. He is trusted by his clients to handle complex, high-profile and high-value claims. He has a great and calm personality that clients, claimant solicitors and counsel appreciate and warm to, which when combined with his commercially-focused mindset, leaves him unmatched by his peers".The Legal 500 UK 2023
- Recommended lawyer for 'Personal injury: defendant (London)'
The Legal 500 UK 2022
- Antony was the team head for London catastrophic injury at his previous firm which was ranked Tier 1 in The Legal 500 for Defendant Personal Injury.
- Knowles v Cullen & Others  - acting for a successful defendant involving liability of multiple defendants in an RTA.
- Smith v Finch  - establishing that failure to wear a cycle helmet amounts to negligence.
- Acted for a defendant in a catastrophic brain injury claim pleaded in excess of £20 million which settled by way of lump sum and a periodical payment order at a JSM.
- Managed a claim in which the claimant suffered a spinal cord injury and above knee amputation who was the first person in the UK to use an exoskeleton with those combinations of injury.
- Managed a claim in which the claimant underwent an elective amputation and required an above elbow prosthesis. Pleaded at in excess of £6million settling successfully at a JSM.
- Managed a claim in which the claimant suffered a severe brain injury requiring 24-hour care. The case settled at a JSM for £4.5 million.
- Successfully defended a claim on behalf of a recruitment agency following a resident in a care home injuring a psychiatric nurse causing a brain injury.