Tania is a corporate commercial partner in Kennedys’ Dubai office. She has more than twenty years' experience, including sixteen years in the UAE. Tania focuses on corporate, commercial, M&A, joint ventures, restructurings, corporate governance, foreign direct investments and employment law.
Tania advises and represents large publicly traded international companies as well as small and medium privately owned enterprises in a broad range of industry sectors, including manufacturing, defence, aviation, construction, oil and gas, healthcare, communications, hospitality and education.
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa in 1998.
- Ranked as an individual in Band 3 (Corporate/Commercial & Commercial Contracts)
“Tania De Swart has developed a significant reputation for her skills in commercial contracts. She regularly acts for major clients in the defence, healthcare and hospitality sectors on a variety of matters ranging from joint ventures to corporate governance. She divides her time between Abu Dhabi and Dubai.”
Chambers Global 2022
- Recommended Lawyer for Commercial, Corporate and M&A
“Tania De Swart is very pleasant and easy-going to work with. Service minded and a high standard on delivery”.
The Legal 500 EMEA 2021
- Advised an international travel group on the acquisition of a majority stake in a Dubai based tech company.
- Advised a healthcare provider on the off boarding of over 2,500 clinicians following the winding down of the UAE response to the Covid 19 pandemic, including settling numerous employee claims and court cases.
- Advised a Swedish defence company in relation to the establishment of a "landed company" in Abu Dhabi – one of the first licenses issued to a foreign defence contractor to manufacture military equipment on shore in the UAE.
- Advised a local UAE bank on its bid to acquire Barclays' UAE retail banking business.
- Advised an international communications group on its acquisition of a middle eastern business, including due diligence across 16 countries in the Middle East and North Africa.