Paul is a Senior Associate at Kennedys’ Birmingham office. He qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales in 1998. Paul has a growing personal injury practice, including disease and travel. He has a specialist knowledge of the motor repair sector.
Paul has personally cultivated a loyal client base acting as the sole legal provider to various clients who are leaders within the motor repair and electronics sector.
Paul is an authority on all matters associated with the Compensation Recovery Unit (CRU) and Department for Work and Pensions. He is the author of the chapter on the CRU in Kennedys’ Claims Handling Law and Practice Guide, the fourth edition of which was published in February 2021.
Paul regularly writes articles for Kennedys’ personal injury and disease publications and is a member of the Forum of Insurance Lawyers (FOIL).
- Qualified in England and Wales in 1998
- Recommended lawyer for 'Personal injury: defendant (West Midlands)'
The Legal 500 UK 2022
- Recommended lawyer for 'Personal injury: Defendant (West Midlands)'
The Legal 500 UK 2021
- Handled and secured very favourable settlement at less than 50% of claimed value of a serious case of alleged farmer’s lung condition associated with exposure to mouldy food grain where liability not in dispute. The claimant had a very unusual deterioration some years after his initial symptoms leading to possible life-threatening lung disease. Unusually high value of upwards of £1 million due to claimant’s deterioration, despite no ongoing exposure. Significant medical causation issues upon which favourable medical evidence was obtained.
- Handled case involving very significant medical issues, where claimant sustained very minor injury but allegedly exacerbated a condition whereby his finger would allegedly dislocate on a frequent basis and with little provocation. In addition, he developed significant agoraphobia. The claimant had history of hypermobility syndrome and significant pre-existing psychiatric medical history. The accident arose as a result of the claimant changing a car tyre at work using a tyre-changing machine.
- Defended and secured discontinuance in first litigated deafness claim of major motor repair client.