- Pace Law School, JD, 2005
- Drew University, BA, 2002
Pasquale (Pat) is a Partner in the Basking Ridge office and is involved a wide variety of civil litigation throughout the State of New Jersey. Pat specializes in handling disputes arising out of premises liability, commercial trucking, motor vehicle negligence, uninsured and under-insured motorists coverage, dram shop claims, negligent security, construction site liability, product liability, fire loss, personal injury protection as well as the prosecution and defense of subrogation claims.
Pat has represented well known national corporations, commercial as well as personal lines insurers, small businesses and private individuals during his tenure at the firm. In this capacity, he has appeared in courts throughout the State of New Jersey and has extensive experience in various methods of alternative dispute resolution.
Pat received his undergraduate degree from Drew University in 2002 and his law degree from Pace Law School in 2005. He served as a judicial intern to The Honorable Clarkson S. Fisher, J.A.D. while he was the Presiding Judge of the Chancery Division in Monmouth County. Pat also served as Law Clerk to the Honorable Mark A. Sullivan, Jr., J.S.C., Monmouth County following law school.
Qualifications and admissions
- New Jersey
- US District Court, New Jersey
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of residential property owner in a lawsuit brought by carpentry subcontractor who suffered serious injuries necessitating surgery as a result of injuries sustained due to an allegedly unsafe work environment.
- Secured favorable settlement on behalf of security contractor in a wrongful death suit involving a young child who was killed in a parking lot accident.
- Successfully handled appeal in which the trial court’s dismissal of the complaint, based on the Plaintiff’s failure to meet the requirements permitting the use of the fictitious defendant rule, was upheld by the Appellate Division.
- Successfully handled appeal in which the Appellate Division upheld an abitration award denying a claim for ambulatory surgical center fees due to the medical provider’s failure to comply with the insurance carrier’s internal appeals process.
Presentations and publications
- “Claims inflation in a post pandemic world,” In-House Client Training (February 2023)
- “Liability in accidents on residential sidewalks NJ,” In-House Client Training (January 2022)
- “Liability in NJ Dog Bite cases,” In-House Client Training (January 2022)
- “Autonomous Vehicles: A Future With No One Behind the Wheel?” presented for Perrin Conferences (November 2020)
- Co-author, “New Jersey’s Appellate Division compels arbitration enforcing ‘clickwrap’ agreement requiring arbitration of a product liability dispute,” published for Kennedys (August 2023)
- Co-author, “Hold on to your scooters! Accidents involving low speed scooters are ineligible for Personal Injury Protection Benefits in New Jersey,” published for Kennedys (July 2023)
- Co-author, “Castano v. Augustine: Strict construction of the law at odds with New Jersey public policy?” published for Kennedys (March 2023)
- Co-author, “New trends in fragment billing: Non-facility companies billing for facility-bundled services,” published for Kennedys (June 2022)
- Co-author, “New Jersey's Appellative Division rules on dispute between automobile insurer and health insurer,” published for Kennedys (August 2021)
- Author, “NJ Supreme Court adopts the "Ongoing Storm Rule" with two notable exceptions,” published for Kennedys (July 2021)
- Co-author, “Two recent New Jersey court decisions continue trend favoring arbitration,” published for Kennedys (November 2020)
- Co-author, “Autonomous Vehicles – The Future of Transport: A Brave New World?,” published for Kennedys (July 2019)
- Co-author, “New Jersey Appellate Division Holds Evidence of Whether a Vehicle’s Airbags Deployed is Inadmissible, Absent Expert Testimony,” published for Kennedys (December 2018)
- Co-author, "New Jersey Appellate Division Issues Critical Ruling on Appealing PIP Arbitration Awards," published for Kennedys (August 2018)
- Author, “Recent New Jersey Ruling Sheds Light On A Landlord’s Responsibility To Clear Sidewalks Of Snow,” published for Kennedys (March 2018)