- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, JD (cum laude), 2015
- Adelphi University, BBA (cum laude), 2012
Dean is an associate in New York and Basking Ridge offices. He focuses his practice on construction litigation, including construction defect claims, property damage claims, construction injury, New York Labor Litigation and admiralty and maritime litigation and commercial litigation.
He regularly handles cases involving New York Labor Law section 200, section 240, and section 241 claims along with contractual indemnity claims. He handles various construction cases, involving construction defect claims, construction accidents, code violations and building and designed related deficiencies. His clients include owners, developers, general contractors, construction managers, subcontractors, commercial landlord and tenants, among other clients.
He handles various admiralty and maritime cases, including claims involving exoneration from or limitation of liability, breach of Bare Boat Charter Agreement, marine product liability cases, cargo cases and maritime personal injury cases, including Jones Act claims and Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation Act. He is a member of the Maritime Law Association of the United States (MLA) and a member of the Marine and Insurance Claims Association (MICA).
Dean graduated cum laude and in the top 15% of his class from Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law. He was selected to the New York Super Lawyer Rising Star for the last couple of years in Transportation / Maritime. Dean is also admitted to the bars of New York and New Jersey.
Qualifications and admissions
- New Jersey
- New York
- US District Court, New Jersey
- US District Court, Eastern, Southern and Northern Districts of New York
- Recognized as a “Rising Star” by New York Super Lawyers (2021-2023)
- Obtained partial summary judgment in New York Supreme Court, Queens County. The plaintiff, superintendent, fell from a ladder while performing work on the walls of an ceiling The plaintiff brought New York Labor Law 240 and 241 claims against the owner of the building.
- Obtained summary judgment in Supreme Court, Bronx County. The plaintiff, resident of an apartment, stepped on an alleged nail in her living room while renovations were being performed in her apartment. The plaintiff brought suit against the owner, the managing agent, the general contractor and various subcontractors. Represented the electrical subcontractor.
- Obtained summary judgment in New York State Supreme Court, Rockland County. The plaintiff brought a suit against the developer, the condominium and the town. Represented a developer of a condominium complex.