- Recommended lawyer for ‘Insurance: Advice to Insurers in United States’ The Legal 500 US (2021)
- District of Columbia
- New York
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central, Eastern, Northern, and Southern Districts of California
• Georgetown University Law Center, JD, 1999
• University of California at Los Angeles, BA, 1995
Erik is a Partner in the San Francisco office. His practice focuses on insurance coverage including cyber and tech E&O, D&O and other professional liability, general liability, marine, energy, healthcare and property. In addition to litigating a wide range of disputed coverage claims, Erik also counsels London Market and other insurers on monitoring and settling underlying litigation by third parties, scope of coverage and advice on wordings.
Erik regularly handles cybersecurity incidents affecting businesses worldwide. This includes response to system intrusions resulting in breach of privacy and damage to/encryption of data, and handling resulting regulatory and PCI-DSS compliance matters.
Erik has particular skill defending clients in transportation-related litigation, including in the aviation and marine contexts, defense of professionals, and over 20 years of experience with a wide variety of major commercial litigation in federal and state trial and appellate courts.
Erik was seconded to the financial institutions team of a major Lloyd’s managing agent, and is an active member of the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII), Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS), and the Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM).