- District of Columbia
- New York
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central, Eastern, Northern, and Southern Districts of California
• Georgetown University Law Center, JD, 1999
• University of California at Los Angeles, BA, 1995
Erik is a Partner in the San Francisco office. He specializes in insurance coverage including cyber and tech E&O, professional liability, general liability, marine, property, energy and healthcare. Erik also counsels London Market and other international insurers on monitoring and settling underlying litigation by third parties, scope of coverage and advice on wordings, in addition to litigating disputed coverage claims. He has a strong understanding of manuscript policy forms under U.S. and English law, including those providing difference in conditions and difference in limits coverage, and master-local coverage programs.
Erik has experience with major commercial litigation including real estate disputes, copyright and trademark disputes, and contract and business tort claims. He also has significant skill representing clients in maritime litigation, including pollution claims, hull and machinery loss, and defense of professional liability claims.