- Won motion to dismiss in California federal court that enforced choice of jurisdiction clause.
- Won partial motion to dismiss in New York reinsurance dispute involving bankers professional liability coverage, and successfully defended appeal. Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. v. Lloyd's Syndicate AGM 2488, 195 A.D.3d 434, 144 N.Y.S.3d 590 (1st 2021).
- Won summary judgment for excess insurer in Texas lawsuit over Directors & Officers coverage for Delaware appraisal action, and was on the brief for the successful defense of that decision on appeal. Zale Corp. v. Berkley Ins. Co., 2020 WL 4361942 (Tex. Ct. App. July 30, 2020), reh'g denied (Sept. 21, 2020), denied (June 18, 2021).
- Won summary judgment for CGL insurer in New York lawsuit seeking coverage for PFOA/PFOS pollution claims, and was on the brief for the successful defense of that decision on appeal. Tonoga, Inc. v. New Hampshire Ins. Co., ___ N.Y.S. 3d ___, 2022 WL 52903 (3rd Jan. 6, 2022).
- Won motion for judgment on the pleadings in Wisconsin lawsuit over professional liability policy issued to property management company.
- Second chaired Bermuda-form arbitration to favorable decision finding no coverage under product recall/adverse publicity policy.
- Represented insurer in successful defense in Bermuda-form arbitration of claim under railroad policy involving $500M+ in alleged losses.
- Won dismissal of claims against a component manufacturer in product liability case in New York state court based on application of economic loss doctrine.
- New York
- US District Court, Massachusetts
- US District Court, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- US Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, JD (cum laude), 2000
- Haverford College, BA, 1991
Will is a Partner with the firm and is based in the New York office. He has handled a broad array of insurance coverage and commercial litigation matters for the firm’s insurance and corporate sector clients. He is regularly called upon to evaluate or litigate complex coverage disputes involving insurance for professional liability (including coverage for Architects & Engineers, Bankers, and Lawyers), product contamination/product recall, financial institutions, environmental liability, directors and officers, media, cyber, and general liability matters. Will has litigated coverage disputes on behalf of insurers in federal and/or state courts in New York, California, Texas, New Jersey, Ohio, Wisconsin, Utah, California, Rhode Island, and Tennessee, as well as in Bermuda-form arbitrations.
In addition, Will’s commercial defense background includes cases involving construction defect, trademark infringement, product liability, and employment-related issues.