- Certified Concentration in Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- CALI Excellence for the Future Book Award, Products Liability
- CALI Excellence for the Future Book Award, Legal Communication & Research II
- Dean’s Certificate of Achievement Award, Mediation
- Civil Procedure I Dean’s Fellow (Fall 2016)
- US District Court, Northern, Middle and Southern District of Florida
- University of Miami School of Law, JD, cum laude, 2018
- University of Miami, BA, 2015
Miguel G. Fernandez is an associate attorney in the firm’s Miami office, where he focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation and insurance coverage. Miguel regularly litigates at the trial and appellate levels on behalf of domestic and international companies in both state and federal court.
Miguel is a graduate of the University of Miami School of Law, cum laude, where he served as an editor on the University of Miami Inter-American Law Review and was a member of both the Charles C. Papy, Jr. Moot Court Board and the International Moot Court Board. Miguel was also a member of the Academic Achievement Program as a Dean’s Fellow for Civil Procedure I.
After law school, Miguel began his career by serving as an Assistant Public Defender (“APD”) in the Miami-Dade Public Defender’s Office. As an APD, Miguel gained valuable courtroom experience representing clients at both the misdemeanor and felony level through all stages of criminal litigation. Prior to joining Kennedys, Miguel worked with a national litigation firm, where he focused on insurance defense.
Miguel received his Bachelor of Arts in Political Science & Music Business, with a minor in Studio Music & Jazz Performance from the University of Miami.
Miguel fluent in Spanish and is a proud member of the Cuban American Bar Association.