- Currently monitoring and assisting lawyers in over 17 different jurisdictions in their handling of medical device product liability claims following a worldwide voluntary recall; particularly in Ireland, Spain, Italy, France as well as other EMEA jurisdictions.
- Further, following a specific request by the medical device manufacturer, assisting counsel in Malaysia with said medical device product liability claims.
- Monitoring counsel in a catastrophic personal injury claim by a stunt man for a high profile Actor injured while filming one of a blockbuster movie franchise film, which settled at in excess of £10 million.
- Handling recovery claims for property damage resulting from the fall out of the well-publicised Buncefield Oil depot explosion in 2005 for various insurers, following what was at the time the largest explosion in peace-time Europe since WWII.
- Assisting with a high value coverage dispute for business interruption loss inter alia (claim for indemnity of over US$200 Million) following an event at a large capacity aluminium smelting plant in Doha, Qatar.
- Assisting with the defence of a large value claim for property damage following a fire at a prestigious retail park.
Joti is a Partner in Kennedys London office. She has over 30 years’ experience in advising insurers and their policyholders.
Joti has particular experience of managing large volumes of claims involving personal injury. She is currently engaged in managing and supervising numerous overseas lawyers in their handling of litigated medical device product liability claims, the largest number of which relate to Ireland, Spain, Italy and France, as well as monitoring claims handling in several other EMEA jurisdictions. This requires consideration of appropriate strategies and innovative/alternative approaches to resolving litigation in those countries, as well as assisting with responses to related media enquiries.
Joti has also been a school Governor for almost five years.
Joti is a member of the Forum of Insurance Lawyers.