- Obtained award in favor of Bermuda insurance carrier in London arbitration involving an employment practice liability insurance dispute
- Summary judgment awarded in favor of insurer in arbitration enforcing restrictive covenants against competitor and former employees
- Summary judgment awarded in favor of insurer on dispute involving coverage for condominium assessments
- Motion to Dismiss granted in favor of insurer on dispute involving coverage under a CGL policy for ADA class action claims made in connection with the construction of a football stadium
- Motion to Dismiss granted in favor of insurer on claims of extra-contractual liability
- Successful representation of excess carrier in multi-casualty pedestrian bridge collapse involving multiple defendants and bankruptcy issues
- Representation of insurers in the defense of bad faith claims involving personal injury offenses, specialty coverages and first-party property claims
- Coverage and monitoring counsel for both domestic and international insurers on issues involving excess liability claims, construction defect coverage disputes, employment claims, personal and advertising injury, directors & officers liability, defect and injury claims involving large scale construction projects, interpretation of contract law, indemnity and risk transfer, and punitive damages
- Defense of employment discrimination, ADA disability and website accessibility cases, retaliation, including Workers' Compensation retaliation claims, product liability, premises liability, and breach of contract cases
- New York
- US District Court, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida
- University of Miami School of Law, JD, magna cum laude, 2002
- George Washington University, BA, Political Science, 1998
Kristen Perkins is a Partner in the Miami office. Kristen’s practice focuses on complex insurance disputes involving a broad range of coverages including primary and excess general liability, employment, professional liability, directors & officers, property, auto and crime. Kristen handles litigation and arbitration on a wide array of coverage issues and extra-contractual disputes. She also assists her carrier clients with initial coverage determinations, opinions, claim handling advice, counselling on risk transfer, and a variety of ancillary issues facing insurers, including agent/producer disputes and enforcement of restrictive covenants.
Kristen speaks on emerging issues and trends in claims management best practices and extra-contractual issues.
Kristen in a member of the International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC), Claims and Litigation Management (CLM) and the Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS).