- Assisting with advising an insurer and their Insured, a global restaurant business, in respect of ransomware attack on the Insured’s computer systems in the UAE.
- Advising insurers and their Insureds in respect of data breaches affecting data subjects based in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Lebanon, Jordan and Oman. Assisting with requirements to notify the data protection regulator in Qatar of data breaches.
- Advising insurers on the prospects of, and handling claims for, obtaining subrogated recovery following payment of a claim under a Property Cum Plant All Risks / Business Interruption Insurance Policy with respect to damage to a cooling pipe. Successfully recovered claim value for insurers.
- Advising insurer and reinsurer in ICC Arbitration proceedings brought by the insured in respect of a Group Life and Sports Personal Accident Policy.
- Advising UK law firm in DIFC Courts arbitration proceedings brought against its Client (a UAE resident) for non-payment of legal services pursuant to a letter of engagement and its standard terms of business, including obtaining an order of committal for contempt of Court.
- Advising reinsurers in Part 8 and Part 7 DIFC Courts proceedings brought by its cedant in respect of termination of a Facultative Reinsurance Contract.
Kelsey started as a legal secretary with Kennedys Manchester, moving to Kennedys Dubai as a paralegal and has since qualified as a Chartered Legal Executive (FCILEx) of England & Wales in 2019. Kelsey is an associate in the insurance and disputes teams at Kennedys’ Dubai office.
Kelsey has experience in insurance, contract and construction disputes and has worked on matters in the local UAE Courts, arbitration forums and the DIFC Courts. In addition, she has worked on matters providing coverage advice to insurers/reinsurers. Further, she has experience advising insurers and their insureds in respect of data breaches and ransomware attacks affecting data subjects based in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Lebanon, Jordan and Oman. Kelsey has also assisted insurers with requirements for the transfer of data between different jurisdictions and to notify the data protection regulators in the Middle East.
Kelsey is Co-Chair of the APAC Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Group at Kennedys and is also a Member of the Global Diversity and Inclusion Group.
Kelsey was admitted as a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives of England & Wales (CILEx) in 2019