- Illinois Super Lawyers (2009-2019)
- Leading Lawyer Illinois (2010-2018)
- US Court of Appeals, Sixth and Seventh Circuit
- US District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Illinois
- US District Court, Texas
- US District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- Illinois Institute of Technology Chicago-Kent College of Law, JD, 2001
- University of Illinois–Chicago, BA, 1991
John is a Partner in the Chicago office. His practice focuses on representing clients in all aspects of the insurance and reinsurance business, including claims counseling, litigation and arbitration. His practice includes the handling of issues involving commercial insurance, primary, umbrella, excess and surplus lines, professional liability insurance, workers’ compensation insurance, and reinsurance.
His experience in the reinsurance area focuses on litigating and arbitrating disputes, representing reinsurers of workers’ compensation programs, insurance pools, and treaty reinsurance programs. He has represented reinsurers of life and health programs in litigation and arbitration matters.
John has served as Vice Chair of the ABA TIPS Excess, Surplus Lines and Reinsurance Section for the last seven years. He has spoken at the ABA ICLC Annual Meeting D&O Exposures for Catastrophe Claims, and at the Reinsurance Association of America Re Basics Reinsurance Issues in D&O Matters. He also gave the Keynote Address at the ARC Annual Congress in London (2011).