- Lead counsel in a coverage dispute arising out of an underlying multi-district Telephone Consumer Protection Act (“TCPA”) litigation in which the alleged violations potentially total $2.8 billion in fines under the Act.
- Successfully represented an insurer in a dispute with its policyholder, a national healthcare company, regarding damages resulting from a data breach.
- Successfully defended a specialty lines insurer in a dispute with professional NASCAR racer Tony Stewart regarding coverage under a policy for an underlying wrongful death action stemming from Stewart’s participation in a sprint car race.
- Successfully represented an excess insurer with respect to a dispute under a product recall policy with respect to $15 million incurred in connection with a highly publicized recall of uninspected beef.
- Lead coverage counsel for a global insurer in the World Trade Center litigation.
- New Jersey
- New York
- New York Supreme Court, Appellate Division, Third Judicial Department
- US Court of Appeals, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Ninth and Eleventh Circuits
- US District Court, New Jersey
- US District Court, Eastern, Northern and Southern Districts of New York
- Seton Hall University School of Law, JD, 1995
- Fairfield University, BA, 1992
Kristin is a Partner in the New Jersey office and has spent over two decades litigating, mediating, and arbitrating insurance coverage matters in federal and state courts around the country. She represents clients in the areas of commercial property and casualty, product contamination and product recall, professional liability, directors’ and officers’ liability, advertising liability, cyber risk, and environmental and mass tort claims. She also has significant experience in all aspects of bad faith litigation, including claims between primary and excess insurers.
Kristin’s practice includes counseling insurers on large claim losses, risk analysis, policy drafting, bad faith exposures and general business matters. She is also a frequent lecturer on a myriad of insurance and litigation topics.
Earlier in her career, Kristin served as Law Clerk to The Honorable Peter E. Doyne, P.J.S.C., Superior Court of New Jersey, Bergen County. Kristin is currently a member of the Defense Research Institute, Council on Litigation Management, National Association of Professional Women and National Association of Insurance Women, and is a founding member of the firm’s Women's Initiative. In addition, Kristin is a member of Chief, an organization devoted to connecting and supporting C-Suite women professionals. She also serves as an elected member of the Board of Education in Washington Township, New Jersey.
Recognized by New Jersey Super Lawyers (2017-2018)