Kennedys promotes 36 associates to senior associate
We’re delighted to announce the promotion of 36 associates to senior associate, up from 22 last year. The senior associates are drawn from insurance and liability, healthcare, and commercial, including specialists in fraud, commercial litigation, real estate, aviation and regulatory law. 28 of those promoted are based in the UK, four in Australia, two in Denmark, one in the Middle East and one in our Lat Am and Caribbean practice in Miami.
Senior associates at the firm are promoted following a rigorous application process and will continue to be supported through their ongoing global development programmes, which are delivered through a mix of face to face and virtual sessions.
At Kennedys we are dedicated to ensuring that at every level, from those on work experience to lawyers at partnership level, our people have the opportunity to learn, develop in their careers, be challenged and be rewarded for hard work
Nick Thomas, Senior Partner
27 trainees and 11 apprentices join the firm this month and next, including for the first time two claims apprentices. We reported one of the highest trainee retention rates in the market, with 91% this year.
In May, the firm also announced an alternative route to qualifying as a solicitor that allows UK graduates to begin earning immediately under the Solicitors Qualifying Exam being introduced next year. And after launching a new virtual work experience programme last month, over 2,790 students signed-up.
In June, the firm reported record turnover of £238m for the financial year 2019/20, a 9% increase on the previous 12 months as it continued to execute its growth strategy.
Throughout the Covid-19 pandemic Kennedys has prioritised job security for employees, continuing to focus on the development of talent at all levels.
Nick Thomas, senior partner at Kennedys says: “It is clear from our recent financial results and our continued growth that our global team are working harder than ever. It is with an enormous amount of pleasure that I announce these promotions that reflect the considerable efforts made by the 36 new senior associates.
“At Kennedys we are dedicated to ensuring that at every level, from those on work experience to lawyers at partnership level, our people have the opportunity to learn, develop in their careers, be challenged and be rewarded for hard work. I congratulate all 36 and wish them every continued success.”
Newly promoted Senior Associates
- Laura Ringrose - Cambridge, UK
- Martin Hunter - London, UK
- Janet Brook - Birmingham, UK
- Emily Clift - Birmingham, UK
- Craig Boyle-Smith - London, UK
- Anya Butler - London, UK
- John Lambert - Manchester, UK
- Elaine Barker - London, UK
- Lee Cooper - London, UK
- Geoff Shreeve - Manchester, UK
- Tom Green - London, UK
- Jennifer Kusiak - London, UK
- Alison Chadwick - London, UK
- Michael Smale - Taunton, UK
- Caitlin Gallagher - London, UK
- Sophie Powell - London, UK
- Gerard McDaid - London, UK
- Ben Miller - London, UK
- Janine Holbrook - London, UK
- Kathryn Lumby - London, UK
- Tim Lennox - Glasgow, UK
- Rachel Smythe - Birmingham, UK
- Amanda Hill - Sheffield, UK
- Ruth De Asha - Manchester, UK
- Zoe Alexander - Manchester, UK
- Sanam Hussain - London, UK
- Rhys Tebbett - London, UK
- Frances Moseley - Manchester, UK
- Mehdi Seadon - Dubai, UAE
- Medea Petersen - Copenhagen, Denmark
- Heidi Bloch - Copenhagen, UK
- Beth O’Connor - Sydney, Australia
- Jemima Griffith - Sydney, Australia
- Jane Cahill - Melbourne, Australia
- Kelly Grant - Melbourne, Australia
- Javier Vijil - Miami, LATAM and Caribbean