Jonathan is a Special Counsel in our Sydney office, who qualified in 2012.
His practice focuses on financial services and institutions and professional indemnity coverage, disputes, and regulatory investigations, where he regularly represents and advises local and international insurers and defends directors, professional advisers and financial institutions in high-value and technically complex litigation.
Jonathan regularly represents, and has significant experience in representing, directors, accountants, solicitors, financial advisors and financial institutions in multiple Federal and inter-state Courts, industry disciplinary bodies and regulatory investigations and inquiries.
Qualifications and memberships
- Bachelor of Law | University of Technology Sydney | 2012
- Bachelor of Commerce (Double Major in Finance & Accounting) | University of NSW | 2009
- Supreme Court of New South Wales | 2012
- High Court of New South Wales | 2012
- Representing one of Australia’s largest banks in the Banking Royal Commission
- Acting for directors in a significant ASIC investigation into share market price manipulation and breach of Corporations Act
- Defending directors of a large global accounting and advisory firm
- Represented a director of a significant publicly listed mining company at an anti-corruption hearing
- Representing insurers in indemnity disputes exceeding $20 million