Paul has been a Partner at Kennedys since 2017 and is an experienced defendant insurance lawyer who represents a number of international insurance companies.
Paul has a case load of high value Multitrack EL and PL bodily injury claims, including claims arising out of serious amputation, head injury, complex regional pain and psychiatric disorders. His work spans a number of industry sectors, but he has particular expertise dealing with claims arising out of TV and Movie productions, hospitality and leisure, rail (CAHA), construction and provision of private security.
Paul is recognised in the market as one of the UK’s leading lawyers, dealing with claims arising out of injuries to stunt performers having successfully handled a number of high profile claims from within this industry. In addition he has represented a number of the UK’s largest construction and rail companies, in relation to both claims resulting from personal injury and property damage.
Recommended lawyer for 'Personal injury: defendant (Yorkshire and the Humber)'The Legal 500 UK 2024
- Recommended lawyer for 'Personal injury: defendant (Yorkshire and the Humber)'
The Legal 500 UK 2022
- Acted for the probation service in an appeal relating to summary judgement following allegations of misfeasance in public office.
- Successfully defended a high value claim brought by a golfer who was struck by a golf ball in the eye, causing permanent sight loss.
- Acting on behalf of an amateur rugby football league club, defending a claim brought by an amateur player who sustained a serious head injury during the course of a rugby league match.
- Acted for a large UK construction company in relation to a high value claim, arising from an accident which happened when a roofer, who fell from a ladder, sustained a serious spinal injury causing paraplegia.
- Acting for a Local Authority highways contractor, in relation to a claim brought by a cyclist who fell from his bicycle and suffered a serious life changing head/brain injury.
- Acted for various International Production Companies in relation to high profile claims (many attracting press attention) including
- A claim brought by a West End Performer, arising out of an injury sustained whilst performing on stage.
- Claims brought by a stunt performers, injured during the production of a major Hollywood feature films and TV series.
- A claim brought by a professional dancer who was injured when performing a motion capture sequence for a major Hollywood feature film.
- Numerous claims brought by crew members injured, whilst working on set.
- Represented a London restaurant in relation to a group action claim brought by a number of diners following an outbreak of norovirus. Pursued a successful recovery against the food supplier in relation to the insurer’s outlay.