Paola is an Associate in our Santiago office where she leads the tax law practice.
A law graduate from Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso, Chile, she holds a Master of Laws in Tax Law from Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez and a Postgraduate Diploma in Tax Law from Universidad de Chile.
Paola has significant experience as an independent advisor for businesses, individuals and law firms on tax law and compliance. As part of her practice, she advises local and international companies on tax and commercial law matters, mainly in mergers and acquisitions, commercial contracts, restructuring of companies, international taxation, and business and estate tax compliance. She acts for clients in sectors such as retail, manufacturing, construction and real estate.
As well as being a member of the Chilean Tax Law Institute, Paola has taught tax law at Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez and Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso, and authored “La Prescripción de las Acciones Fiscalizadora y de Cobro en el Código Tributario” (2000). She also recently published a paper (“Derecho de defensa en causas tributarias, honorarios legales y gastos necesarios para producir la renta“) in Revista de Derecho Tributario - Anuario 2017 (Universidad de Concepción).
- Advised a Chilean company on the acquisition of a Latin-American food and confectionery company.
- Advised on the tax restructuring of a major Chilean manufacturing company.
- Advised on the tax design of a retail credit card issuer/operator business.
- Advised relevant Chilean family offices on estate and tax compliance matters.
- Advised construction companies on tax, commercial, and real estate matters for several housing projects.
- Advised a Chilean insurance company on intercompany transfer pricing matters and tax compliance regarding inbound and outbound operations.