Rob is a Legal Director (FCILEx) in Kennedys’ London Office. He has over 14 years of experience in advising on a broad range of personal injury claims (motor, EL and PL and product), specialising in serious and catastrophic injury matters. He has a special interest in claims involving traumatic brain injuries, fatal accidents and allegations of chronic pain, where he has secured good savings and results for clients and their insurers over the years. Many of his instructions relate to accidents occurring on construction sites and complex arguments surrounding vicarious liability.
He also regularly advises on coverage matters, data protection claims (usually arising in an EL context) and recovery actions. Rob often provides training both internally, to clients and industry bodies on various topics, including claims handling, employer’s and public liability principles and case law, serious injury damages and data protection claims.
Rob is a member of the Forum of Insurance Lawyers (FOIL).
- Currently defending multiple catastrophic injury claims, pleaded well in excess of £1m.
- Obtaining a contribution totalling over £500,000 from three third parties, following the settlement of a catastrophic injury claim involving an accident on a construction site.
- Successfully defended an EL claim at trial, after showing the Claimant had failed to prove the alleged accident had occurred.
- Securing a discontinuance from a Claimant alleging to have suffered severe chronic pain after an accident at work, despite liability being conceded.
- Obtaining a discontinuance a few days before trial from a Claimant alleging a head injury, after putting forward a strong case that the claim was fundamentally dishonest.
- Part of the team which successfully acted on behalf of the Defendant in Colin John Gee & Ors v DePuy International Limited (2018).