Daniel is a partner based in our London Office who has a broad practice advising both private insurers and NHS trusts on all aspects of healthcare law. He qualified in England and Wales, while at the firm, in 2009.
He has wide-ranging experience working for various medical malpractice insurers and NHS Resolution dealing with clinical negligence claims generally, defending general practitioners, plastic surgeons and orthopaedic surgeons. He was successful at trial in Brown v Rawes and Border v South London Healthcare NHS Trust.
Daniel also deals with complex, high-value clinical negligence litigation involving both child and adult neurological injury. He advises on limitation, end of life decisions, judicial reviews, consent and capacity to treatment, private and public investigations and mental health law.
He regularly lectures on clinical negligence law, mental health law and capacity issues.
Daniel is a member of the Forum of Insurance Lawyers (FOIL).
- Qualified in England and Wales in 2009
- Associate-to-watch and notable practitioner for Healthcare: mental health: providers (UK-wide)
"Daniel Freeman has a sharp legal mind and provides pragmatic legal advice. He takes a down-to-earth approach to clients".
"Daniel Freeman is well informed, responsive and knowledgeable".
Chambers UK 2023
Next generation partner and recommended lawyer for 'Healthcare (London)'"Daniel Freeman is available, responsive, excellent with lay clients, engenders confidence and able to get to the nub of a matter very quickly. His outcomes are exceptional".The Legal 500 UK 2023
Recommended lawyer for 'Clinical negligence: defendant (London)'The Legal 500 UK 2023
- Rising Star and recommended lawyer for 'Healthcare (London)'
"Daniel Freeman has good judgement and excellent client skills. He is willing to take a tough stance."
"Daniel Freeman is an expert in complex clinical negligence litigation."
The Legal 500 UK 2022
- Recommended lawyer for 'Clinical negligence: defendant (London)'
"Dan Freeman is a very bright lawyer who is interested in innovative solutions if the case calls for it."
"A particular strength is that the team is very well led by the partners (Christopher Malla, Ed Glasgow and Daniel Freeman) who provide close supervision of all cases and support their junior lawyers to develop into excellent lawyers."
The Legal 500 UK 2022
- Rising Star and recommended lawyer for 'Public sector: Healthcare (London)'
The Legal 500 UK 2021
- Rising Star and Recommended Lawyer for 'Healthcare (London)'
"Daniel Freeman is a fabulous instructing solicitor. Efficient and incisive with great instinct in this field as to what the underlying healthcare provider requires from its legal team, whether that be the NHS or a private healthcare provider."
The Legal 500 UK 2019/20
- Recommended Lawyer for 'Healthcare (London)'
The Legal 500 UK 2018/19
- Brown v Rawes
- Border v South London Healthcare NHS Trust
- Hayes (deceased) v South East Coast Ambulance Service
- CGD v Barts Health NHS Trust
- Independent Investigation into the Care and Treatment Provided on Tawel Fan Ward: a Lessons for Learning Report