Ben is a partner in Kennedys’ London office and qualified in England and Wales in 2009.
Ben advises on motor, public liability, employers’ liability claims and sports related injury resulting in catastrophic and serious injury.
He manages cases of the utmost severity and also has a keen interest in mild traumatic brain injury, functional neurological disorder and chronic pain cases.
Ben has a further specialism in the defence of international claims with overseas quantum issues.
He represents insurer signatories to the serious injury guide. His personal caseload is generally valued from £500,000 up to and in excess of £10million.
Ben regularly presents in the UK and abroad on a range of topics associated with complex claims and international quantum issues.
Ben has a keen interest in innovative settlement mechanisms and is a member of the FOIL ADR Sector Focus Team.
- Qualified in England and Wales in 2009
- Rising star and recommended lawyer for 'Personal injury: defendant (London)'
"Ben Appleton has a strong reputation for his brain trauma work".
The Legal 500 UK 2023
- Recommended lawyer for 'Personal injury: defendant (London)'
The Legal 500 UK 2022
- Rugby concussion test case litigation (2021-) Ben is part of the core Defendant team representing one of the parties in the ongoing litigation .
- £1 million claim settled for £75k following a successful mTBI defence resulting in two years’ worth of costs recovery.
- $18.6 million pleaded claim settled for $7.5 on account of ground breaking arguments relating to the UK discount rate.
- FX GX v Hasan . Criteria for permission to cross-examine a protected party who has not provided a witness statement.