Amrinder is an associate based in Kennedys’ London office. Amrinder is also a solicitor advocate and is able to practice advocacy in the civil courts of England and Wales.
Amrinder is involved in advising the private and public sector regarding the resolution of construction disputes and management of risk. Amrinder has experience working in various sectors which involve an international element including; energy, rail, oil and gas, real estate, infrastructure, telecommunications, hospitality, entertainment, marine, education, automotive and health.
Amrinder has experience acting for developers, contractors, consultants, specialist subcontractors and banks in various forms of dispute resolution including arbitration, adjudication, court proceedings and mediation. Amrinder also has experience advising on general commercial contractual disputes.
Amrinder has experience acting in a wide range of construction disputes which includes issues that arise during projects including delay, extension of time, payment applications, termination, loss and expense assessments and defective works and services.
Amrinder is also involved in advising clients on drafting, interpretation and negotiation of contractual documents.
In 2023, Amrinder was seconded to work for a leading multi-disciplinary construction, mechanical and engineering company which operates in numerous sectors including energy, oil and gas, infrastructure and telecommunications. Amrinder is involved in advising on various contentious and non-contentious construction and general commercial matters.
Contentious Work Highlights:
- Acting for an Employer in relation to an ICC arbitration claim against a Contractor for defective works and design in relation to a waste to energy power station in Singapore.
- Acting for a Contractor in relation to an offshore wind farm regarding an ICC arbitration in relation to claims for delay and extension of time against an Employer.
- Advising a Subcontractor on their legal risks and options in relation to a claim by a Contractor involving design defects regarding deep sea dredging in Norway.
- Acting for a global specialist Contractor which provides electrical and installation services in relation to material handling systems in its adjudication claim against a global automotive manufacturer regarding claims for delay and extension of time.
- Acting for a specialist subcontractor on the High Speed Two (HS2) railway project regarding an adjudication claim for late payment.
- Acting for various local authority Employers in relation to claims against building and design Contractor for fire safety and heating defects.
Non-Contentious Work Highlights:
- Acting on construction due diligence exercises advising investors in relation to multi-million pound asset purchase.
- Providing commercial advice to contractors and consultants on construction contracts (both standard form and bespoke), and conducting related negotiations.
- Drafting standard terms of business, professional appointments, sub-consultancy agreements and sub-contracts for numerous consultants, contractors and employers.
- Advising on the operational management of PFI/PPP contracts and the resolution of disputes in long term partnering contracts.