Janette is a Senior Associate in Kennedys Corporate & Commercial Team in Hong Kong. She specialises in corporate and commercial, and insurance regulatory and compliance matters. She was qualified in Hong Kong in 2018.
Janette has experience in assisting on mergers and acquisitions, outsourcing arrangements and joint ventures, general matters in relation to companies law, as well as advising on change of control applications, fitness and probity, ongoing compliance obligations and the insurance intermediaries regulated activities regime including licensing requirements and exemption applications.
Janette advises on various regulatory, compliance, corporate and commercial matters, and transactions principally involving Hong Kong, Mainland China and Europe. She also regularly advises insurers, insurance intermediaries and financial services companies on data protection issues, including collection of personal data and direct marketing.
- Advising an Asia-based investment management firm on its joint venture in relation to certain strategic investments in a Hong Kong insurer being the first licensee to carry out virtual general insurance business in Hong Kong.
- Advising an Asia-based investment management firm on the establishment of its joint venture with a Chinese film and TV production company and a minority shareholder to operate a film and TV business in various Asian jurisdictions.
- Advising a Hong Kong statutory body on the scope of permitted activities without triggering licensing requirements applicable to licensed insurance intermediaries in Hong Kong, and providing recommendations concerning the online process flows in its mobile app.
- Assisting in a competitive bid on the proposed acquisition of a longstanding Hong Kong insurance business.
- Assisting a subsidiary of a leading Asian retail group in setting up its insurance agency business and advising on its strategic partnership with various third party goods and services providers.
- Advising insurers and payment solutions provider on outsourcing agreements and data sharing agreements on compliance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance and sector-specific requirements.
- Reviewing insurance agency/broker agreements and insurance policies in compliance with the Insurance Ordinance and sector-specific requirements.
- Advising on policy wordings for a wide range of insurance products for a number of Hong Kong insurers.
- Advising on customers' terms and conditions of marketing campaigns for insurance products for local and international insurers and insurance intermediaries, life and non-life insurance policies.
- Advising on a premium financing arrangement for life insurance policies.
- Advising a Hong Kong global mobile payment services provider on the review of its strategic partnership agreement with an overseas wallet services provider.