We are pleased to announce that the publication of the 2024 edition of The Legal 500 Latin America has once again recognized Kennedys as a leading firm across the region.
In addition to maintaining our ‘top tier’ ranking for insurance in Peru, we have also been recognised as a ‘top tier’ firm for insurance in Colombia for the very first time. We have also received notable practice rankings for insurance in Chile and Mexico, as well as a brand new ranking for dispute resolution in Colombia.
Overall, Kennedys received a total of seven practice area rankings from across the firm’s Latin American offices, in addition to two new mentions as a ‘Firm to Watch’ in Insurance (Argentina) and Competition and Antitrust (Chile).
In this edition of the guide, Kennedys’ Latin America regional hub in Miami was once again recommended in the ‘City focus: Miami’ section, which distinguishes the importance of Miami as a gateway to Latin America and the firm’s contribution to this market.
With regard to individual accolades, Marco Rivera (Peru) was listed in the elite Hall of Fame category (which recognizes lawyers at the pinnacle of their profession), while Mario Diemoz (Chile) and Mónica Tocarruncho (Colombia) were named as ‘Leading Individuals’ in the market. Partner Fernando Hurtado de Mendoza (Peru) received the accolade of ‘Next Generation Partner’, and Alonso Barreda (Peru), Catalina Botero (Colombia), Vanessa Vargas (Mexico) and Daniel Silva (Chile) were recognized as ‘Rising Stars’.
In total, 22 lawyers were recommended in the rankings editorials.
See below for a full breakdown of the rankings.
Argentina | Insurance | Firm to watch
- Alberto Bunge | Recommended Lawyer
Chile | Insurance | Tier 2
- Mario Diemoz | Leading Individual
- Daniel Silva | Rising Star
- Gian Carlo Lorenzini | Recommended Lawyer
Chile | Dispute resolution: Litigation | Tier 6
Chile | Competition and Antitrust | Firm to watch
- Radoslav Depolo | Recommended Lawyer
Colombia | Insurance | Tier 1
- Mónica Tocarruncho | Leading Individual
- Catalina Botero | Rising Star
- Mauricio Carvajal Garcia | Recommended Lawyer
Colombia | Dispute resolution | Tier 5
Mexico | Insurance | Tier 3
- Vanessa Vargas | Rising Star
- Michael Hennessy | Recommended Lawyer
- Israel Castañeda | Recommended Lawyer
Miami hub for Latin America and the Caribbean | City Focus
Peru | Insurance | Tier 1
- Marco Rivera | Hall of Fame
- Fernando Hurtado De Mendoza | Next Generation Partner
- Alonso Barreda | Rising Star
- Noriko Hasegawa | Recommended Lawyer
Peru | Dispute resolution | Tier 4
- Kodiak Semsch Gutiérrez | Recommended Lawyer
- Marco Rivera | Recommended Lawyer
- Carolina Guerra Palomino | Recommended Lawyer
For the full rankings, please see The Legal 500 website.
About The Legal 500 Latin America
The Legal 500 Latin America is a leading guide to law firms across the region. The rankings are based on a series of criteria that highlight the practice area teams who are providing the most cutting edge and innovative advice to corporate counsel.
The research is based on feedback from 250,000 clients worldwide, submissions from law firms and interviews with leading private practice lawyers, and a team of researchers who have unrivalled experience in the legal market.