- Sheldon Hurwitz Young Lawyer Award from the New York State Bar Association’s Torts, Insurance and Compensation Law section (TICL) (2008)
- TICL’s Chair of the Year Award (2012)
- New York
- US District Court, Colorado
- US District Court, Northern District of Florida
- US District Court, Massachusetts
- US District Court, Eastern, Northern and Southern Districts of New York
- First Circuit Court of Appeals
- Pace University School of Law, JD, 2001
- City College of the City University of New York, BA (magna cum laude), 1994
Joanna is a Partner in the New York office where she maintains a nationwide practice and actively provides comprehensive legal advice to US and London market insurers. Joanna litigates insurance coverage issues related to high-exposure personal injury, mass tort, premises liability, property damage (first and third-party coverage), professional liability, public liability, rescission, and breach of contract and fiduciary duty claims in state and federal courts. She has extensive experience analyzing and litigating New York’s Insurance Law and Labor Law, as well as bad faith claims involving Mass. G.L. c. 93A and c. 176D.
Joanna is a member of Kennedys’ Associate Development Committee and participates in recruitment efforts for the firm.
From 2005 to 2020, Joanna was co-chair of the Diversity Committee for the New York State Bar Association’s Torts, Insurance and Compensation Law (TICL) Section. She is currently a member of TICL’s Insurance Coverage Committee.