- National coordination counsel for UK insurers on mortgage bankers bond and professional liability program.
- National coordinating counsel for product recall, contamination and restaurant contamination insurers in connection with claims arising out of Covid19.
- Currently representing buyer-side representations and warranties insurers in connection with claims arising out of acquisitions involving insurance, health care, technology and consumer services companies.
- Represent international insurers in connection with coverage litigation arising out of investor suits involving mortgage-backed securities.
- First chair Bermuda-form arbitration in product recall/adverse publicity matter involving multi-national insured and claim arising out of Chinese contamination event that resulted in panel finding of no coverage.
- Represented political risk insurers in connection with evaluation of restructuring plan and resolution of claim involving foreign sovereign default.
- Lead counsel in $100M fidelity bond litigation involving alleged fraud in connection with life settlements investment that resulted in favorable settlement of all liability.
- Lead litigation counsel in long-tail, large exposure environmental contamination coverage matter in New York state court and obtained summary judgment and dismissal of all claims against our client.
- Lead litigation counsel in fidelity bond claim involving alleged promissory note/investment fraud that resulted in a determination of non-coverage sustained on appeal by the Colorado Supreme Court.
- Lead U.S. litigation counsel in Bermuda-form arbitration of claim under railroad policy resolution involving $500M+ in alleged losses that resulted in dismissal of the claim and award of attorneys’ fees for the client.
- New York
- Fordham University School of Law, JD, 1994
- Montclair State College, BA (cum laude), 1991
A Partner who practices out of our New York office, Chris is sought for his experience and insights in complex insurance disputes.
Chris has represented domestic and international insurance clients in the complex disputes involving financial institution bonds, political risk and trade credit, buyer-side representations and warranties, product contamination and product recall, toxic tort, environmental, commercial property and casualty, professional liability and bad faith claims. His resume includes substantial experience in Bermuda Form arbitrations, and the litigation and arbitration of reinsurance matters arising out of pollution liability, asbestos, toxic tort and health hazard claims. Insurance clients in Bermuda, the UK and the US frequently rely on Chris for policy wording advice, particularly with their specialty risk policies and fidelity bonds.
Chris is a member of the Professional Liability Underwriting Society, the American Reinsurance and Insurance Arbitration Society, the Insurance Committee of the New York County Lawyers’ Association, and the Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section of the American Bar Association.
Chris frequently speaks on fidelity, food recall and contamination, cyber, political risk and trade credit, and litigation strategy.