- First chair Bermuda-form arbitration in product recall/adverse publicity matter that resulted in panel finding of no coverage.
- Lead Counsel in fidelity bond claim involving alleged promissory note/investment fraud that resulted in a determination of non-coverage sustained on appeal by the Colorado Supreme Court.
- Lead counsel in $100M fidelity bond litigation involving alleged fraud in connection with life settlements investment.
- Represented international insurers with respect to coverage issues arising out of an accounts receivable financing fraud involving purported loss of over $300 million.
- Advised insurance and reinsurance clients in connection with potential BI and CBI losses arising out of Japan earthquake and failure of the Fukushima nuclear power plant.
- Second-chaired Bermuda-form arbitration of claim under railroad policy involving $500M+ in alleged losses that resulted in dismissal of the claim and award of attorneys’ fees for the client.
- Currently national counsel for UK insurers on mortgage bankers bond and professional liability program.
- National coordinating counsel for environmental MTBE-related exposure and litigation under pollution liability policies.
- Currently represent US and UK insurers with $150M+ exposure relating to hundreds of underlying gasoline-related contamination cases.
- New York
- Fordham University School of Law, JD, 1994
- Montclair State College, BA (cum laude), 1991
A Partner who practices out of our New York office, Chris is sought for his experience and insights in complex insurance disputes.
Throughout his career, Chris has represented domestic and international insurance clients in the litigation of financial institution bonds, product contamination and product recall, political risk and trade credit, business interruption and contingent business interruption insurance, professional liability and bad faith claims. He has also represented international and domestic reinsurers in numerous ‘Bermuda Form’ arbitrations. His resume includes substantial experience in the litigation and arbitration of reinsurance matters arising out of pollution liability, asbestos, toxic tort and health hazard claims. Insurance clients in Bermuda, the UK and the US frequently rely on Chris for policy wording advice, particularly with their specialty risk policies and fidelity bonds.
Chris is a member of the Professional Liability Underwriting Society, the American Reinsurance and Insurance Arbitration Society, the Insurance Committee of the New York County Lawyers’ Association, and the Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section of the American Bar Association.
A regular on the lecture circuit, Chris frequently speaks on fidelity, food recall and contamination, cyber and litigation strategy.