- Achieved New York State Trial and Appellate Division rulings carving out exception to an insurer’s broad duty to defend and mandating an insured’s defense cost contribution obligation for long-tail asbestos claims spanning many years and implicating several CGL policy periods.
- Achieved Florida State Court of Appeals ruling vacating an insured’s improperly obtained judgment procured through fraud, misrepresentations and other misconduct in an effort to implicate Professional Liability Policy.
- Achieved Florida Federal District Court and Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals rulings barring defense and indemnity coverage under Title Agents Professional Liability Policy for allegations concerning insured’s intentional/negligent acts and alleged theft of escrow funds for failure to satisfy the policy’s insuring agreement, claim reporting and cancellation provisions and application of dishonest/fraudulent, conversion, breach of contract and willful/intentional acts exclusions.
- Achieved New Jersey State Trial and Appellate Division rulings barring defense and indemnity coverage under CGL policy for negligence, breach of contract, breach of warranty and breach of Consumer Fraud Act claims implicating insured contractor’s improper design and installation of fire suppression system.
- Litigated and subsequently secured voluntary dismissal of Professional Liability Insurer that issued policies to insured national financial bank for insured’s coverage lawsuit seeking defense and indemnity for underlying nationwide suits and government investigations concerning the insured’s alleged wrongful acts with the sale of force-placed insurance, charges of excessively inflated premiums, and paying improper kickbacks to its lender clients.
- New Jersey
- New York
- US Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- US District Court, New Jersey
- US District Court, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- Fordham University School of Law, JD, 2003
- The George Washington University, BBA (magna cum laude), 2000
Christina is a Partner in the New York office and her practice focuses on insurance coverage analysis, providing opinions and claim/underwriting counseling, and litigating state and federal coverage disputes at the trial and appellate levels. She specializes in handling a spectrum of insurance lines and issues, including professional liability, errors and omissions, directors’ and officers’ liability, employment practices liability, commercial general liability, environmental liability, fiduciary liability and reinsurance. Additionally, she has served as coverage and monitoring counsel for professional liability insurers for nationwide class, derivative and individual actions.
Christina graduated with honors from George Washington University with a dual undergraduate degree and received her law degree from Fordham University School of Law. While at Fordham, Christina was a legal intern at the US Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York and for the Honorable William G. Bassler, United States District Court, District of New Jersey. Additionally, Christina served as Editor-in-Chief of Volume 8 of the Fordham Journal of Corporate and Financial Law.