Recommended lawyer for 'Commercial litigation: Manchester (North West)'The Legal 500 UK 2023
Leanne has over 20 years’ experience acting in various complex commercial disputes, these include:
- Contractual and shareholder disputes.
- Unfair prejudice petitions.
- Fraudulent and negligent misrepresentation cases.
- Complex trust and contentious probate matters.
- Acting for several insurers in subrogated recovery claims against individuals who have committed fraud.
- Asset recovery cases.
- Bringing and defending preference and undervalue claims.
- Acting in matters involving high-profile sports and entertainment personalities in relation to contractual disputes and defamation, as well as advising on various social media issues. The sports and entertainment issues involve both High Court proceedings and Arbitrations.
- Acting in matters involving urgent injunction applications, as well as contempt of court proceedings and breach of injunctions.
Leanne also acts in the lands tribunal, representing various parties including court appointed managers and leaseholders in high value applications. She also has extensive knowledge of the Law of Agency, having been involved in one of the leading cases on Agency.
Many of Leanne’s cases involve cross boarder jurisdictional matters in Europe and the USA.
Leanne fully empathises with the client and the client’s needs are at the forefront when it comes to resolving disputes.