- Successfully defended a firm of licensed conveyancers in the Court of Appeal in respect of allegations that the insured had repudiated a contract for sale by incorrectly serving a notice of rescission.
- Defended a multi-million pound claim against a firm of media solicitors in respect of failed litigation.
- Successfully defended a claim against a firm of accountants for more than £1 million in respect of a failed offshore tax scheme.
- Provided coverage advice in respect of settlement of multi-million pound and complex trust proceedings in the UK relating to trusts incorporated in Jersey.
Lucy is a Senior Associate based in Kennedys’ Manchester office. Lucy joined the Manchester team in 2020 after spending 8 years in Kennedys’ London team. She maintains a broad practice dealing with the defence of complex and high-value claims against a variety of professionals, with a particular focus on accountants, brokers and solicitors. Her practice also includes high value financial institutions and directors’ and officers’ coverage matters.
Lucy is experienced in defending accountants, most notably in respect of failed offshore tax avoidance schemes. She regularly provides coverage advice, dealing with a wide variety of notification and aggregation issues, including in relation to film finance scheme claims. She also defends claims against brokers, including claims for alleged failure to advise on business interruption cover, ‘gap in cover’ claims and claims for alleged failure to advise on renewal.
She regularly acts for solicitors on a range of professional negligence claims including family law, personal injury, company law, trusts and probate and failed litigation. She has advised on and defended claims against solicitors arising out of cyber phishing attacks.
Lucy also regularly provides coverage advice in respect of a range of professional indemnity and directors’ and officers’ policies. She has particular experience of advising on complex and multi-million pound financial institution coverage claims involving corporate service providers. She has completed two secondments at major insurer clients, where she handled a variety of coverage and defence matters.
Lucy contributes to Kennedys’ external publications and is a contributor to Kennedys’ UK claims handling guide. In addition she gives seminars on a broad range of issues to clients. She is a member of the Forum of Insurance Lawyers (FOIL)
- Qualified in England and Wales in 2008