- Acted for a property management company in securing them vacant possession of a valuable site to enable them to fulfil a contractual obligation to a third party, which involved defending a High Court injunction application.
- Advised and secured damages on behalf of a nationwide bank in respect of a roof leak to their central London premises.
- Acted for a well-known telecommunications provider in managing a large portfolio of sites that required lease renewals under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 and the Electronic Communications Code.
- Acted for a landlord in securing an injunction against a leaseholder who was running a business from their property in breach of the terms of their lease.
- Acted for a commercial landlord in relation to its claim for recovery of a substantial amount of unpaid rent.
Lawrence is a senior associate based in Kennedys' London office. He qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2017.
Lawrence works as a property litigator within Kennedys real estate and construction team and has a broad range of experience dealing with a variety of property litigation matters.
Lawrence adopts a commercial approach to his advice and seeks to use alternative dispute resolution to settle disputes at an early stage if appropriate. If that cannot be achieved, Lawrence has experience taking matters to court and achieving successful results for his clients. Lawrence’s varied practice enables him to advise on a wide variety of disputes in the real estate and construction sectors.
Lawrence’s expertise centres on the following key practice areas:
Commercial landlord and tenant: including opposed and unopposed lease renewal claims under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954; rent arrears recovery; break notices; forfeiture; breach of lease covenant; advising on vacant possession strategy; property based insolvency; telecommunications disputes and dilapidations.
Residential landlord and tenant: including residential possession claims under the Housing Act 1988; service charge disputes; major works consultation; rent arrears recovery; tenancy deposit disputes and redevelopment of residential property.
Real property: including easements; restrictive covenants; nuisance; property damage; trespass; adverse possession and boundary disputes.
Lawrence is a committee member of the Junior Property Litigation Association (JPLA) and a member of the Property Litigation Association (PLA).